Lets see your Cold Air Intake Solutions

cupramillo

The "Red Baron"
Feb 24, 2008
South London
As above, going to need to get mine sorted soon as mine is currently non existant and would love a few ideas.

Any pics of your setup would be good, along with specs( lengths of air feed etc)

Last edited:

kyle'87

Modding Disease
Sep 15, 2008
Ruislip
I have removed my left fog light and run a pipe from there into my engine bay and also a smaller one that is behind the front grill that feeds up to my engine bay both lead to my open cone filter.

And yes I passed my MOT like that before anyone says lol

kyle'87

Modding Disease
Sep 15, 2008
Ruislip
So more of a double CAI system. Got any pics mate?

Just took a few now, pipe has slipped down a bit but you get the idea of the routes

26112009247.jpg

26112009248.jpg

26112009245.jpg

26112009244.jpg

26112009243.jpg

Only reason I got 2 is because I felt the front grill gave a better intake over the fog light so added it after I had some pipe left over from the CAI from the fog light.

Last edited:

jamiebennett81

make sure you get the decent cold air feed stuff, not that alu shite they sell form halfrauds!!

what are you running also, std air box or cone?

cupramillo

The "Red Baron"
Feb 24, 2008
South London
Im running a Jetex open cone, kyle's solution wont work for me as i dont have that lower pipe from the standard ibiza intercooler. Lost it when i put the Forge one on IIRC.

May have to go for the fog light route with some ebay ducting :D

May 16, 2008
southampton
got mine going down under the fog light to the bit where the standard intercooler was but you can only do this if you have a front mount . and i mounted it in the engine bay with a L bracket and cable tied the hose to the bracket . this is a old pic its done better now though this was just after i fitted it ..

picture.php

M87NER

MATNER
Mar 11, 2007
Stoke-on-Trent
you want some of this beasty stuff....

compared to most cold air ducting....
AllThePics099.jpg

stretched out....
AllThePics100.jpg

shaped.....
AllThePics101.jpg

how it fited with old filter.... now replaced with Jetex.
AllThePics103.jpg

Dec 3, 2007
cardiff
why not just relocate the battery to the boot. get some alloy pipe and get that filter in the wing! muchos cold air!

cupramillo

The "Red Baron"
Feb 24, 2008
South London
Yeh thats the ideal way to do it really, battery relocation, but im not a fan of the air filter down in the wing. Doesn't it get loads of dirt and get wet there? Ideally id like to relocate the battery to the boot, get a massive Jetex and a big CAI pipe, job done.

CJRamze

Proud Seat Owner
Jun 29, 2008
Caldicot, South Wales
Hi guys, I know I'm a Mk4 but this is all relevant to me.
I've just had a cone filter fitted, Jetex and good up to 300bhp.
They ran it on the rolling road and they found the heatsoak was pretty bad, So they created a heat shield from alloy and it made little to no difference.

At the moment their looking to custom make a carbon fibre one for me which should be fantastic but I'm thinking of running a CAI from where the passenger side fog light is, I've had the battery moved to the boot aswell.

Someone sent me a link to some ducting, in order to fit this ducting did you have to remove the front bumper?