let's talk Eliminator turbos

t18con

Mar 21, 2002
n.i.
Visit site
right, before the flaming starts, I've just bought my old cupra R back after 5 years away. it has come unfinished with a brand new eliminator kit fitted (but not finished).

For reasons I won't go into, I haven't got talking to the guy who put the kit on the car, so I don't know the full facts. I know the eliminator gets a real slating on the various forums.

I haven't got a chance to go through the box of receipts yet, but there was talk of an engine rebuild, so there may be a set of rods in there, can't think why else there was an engine rebuild on a car with 19k on it.... so.....

I've been away from the scene for 9 years now, so is there a free flowing exhaust manifold that would help with the eliminators Achilles heal?

is there any resale value in the new eliminator kit and buy a proper gt28rs?

or go backwards with a hybrid k03s or the k04-02 that was on there? I'll probably take a backward step if there isn't a set of rods in the rebuild. I'm assuming of course that the manifold and downpipe off the eliminator will suit the k03s?

any thoughts? but no flaming please. I've also been told there's a walbro pump and injectors to suit the 300 odd BHP but haven't checked that out yet.

cuprabaz

Racing 2020VT
Jun 22, 2004
Aberdeenshire
A lot people port the standard manifold to good effect although there are a few aftermarket ones available.

I guess it all comes down to how much you're wanting to spend, what the power goal is and what you're planning on using it for.