letter from seat recall mk3

Riko

MURDER WAGON
Jun 10, 2007
Milton Keynes
Safety recall on 1.4 and maybe 1.6?

As i'm still the owner of my old 1.4, I received a letter today from Seat suggesting it comes in for an inspection...

"The constant monitoring by Seat SA of the vehicles in service has established that on Seat models fluctuating quality can lead to inconsistencies in the vacuum pipe material for the brake servo. This can cause tension cracks on the pipes. If the pipe leaks, the brake servo loses it's function. Without the servo assistance a lot more force must be used on the pedal. But this will not lead to a total failure of the brake system..."

Thought I'd let the 1.4 owners know they may be getting one very similar, if not then to contact their local Seat garage. It also applies to Cordoba/Vario,Leon/Toledo,Inca. It does raise they question tho... will it affect us cupra owners aswell? I'd imaging the cupra uses different materials?

Rik :)

Dan1.6

1.6 Power FTW!!!!!!!!
Sep 26, 2008
Chesterfield
i dnt like ringin them though :( i always argue with them they told me they dint do a mark 3 cupra r i know any wern' bought into this country but my god

Riko

MURDER WAGON
Jun 10, 2007
Milton Keynes
It's a free inspection a possible replacement, so well worth an argument on the phone if you ask me, for safety's sake!

Dan1.6

1.6 Power FTW!!!!!!!!
Sep 26, 2008
Chesterfield
mines 2002 and i have no idea im not the orginal owner either il ring up tomorrow if i get chance and il let ya knw :D

NowGottaIbizaMk5

Feb 5, 2005
Beverley
Is this what you are talking about?

recall reference 47S3 BRAKE VACUMN PIPE,
IBIZA,CORDOBA,VARIO LEON, TOLEDO AND INCA
Numbers Involved : 26886
Concern : TENSION CRACKS MAY OCCUR ON THE VACUUM PIPE TO THE SERVO
Description : Tension cracks may occur on the vacuum pipe to the brake servo in the area of the connections, due to a manufacturing fault. Should a vacuum pipe leak, the brake servo will loose it's function. This will result in an increase of force which must be applied to the brake pedal. But will not result in a total failure of the braking system.
Remedial Action : Recalled vehicles will have the vacuum pipes checked, and if necessary replaced.

I have 2 numbers for you to ring with your chasis and/or engine number =
01908 601243 any questions call it.... SEAT UK, 0500 222 222

freddie

super duper cupra...
Apr 2, 2007
Hull, East Yorkshire
Important safety notice please read

Just got home from work to find a letter posted with urgent safety recall on the front. And its a letter from SEAT recalling back ibiza/cordoba/vario, leon/toledo,inca but doesn't say what year on manufacture. the letter reads :

Dear Sir/madam

The constant monitoring by SEAT SA of the vehicles in service had established that on SEAT models fluctuating quality can lead to inconsistences in the vacuum pipe material for the brake servo. This can cause tension cracks on the pipes. If the pipe leaks, the brake servo loses its function. Without the servo assistance a lot more force must be used on the pedal. But this will not lead to a total failure of the brake system..

And it goes on to mention to arrange an appoinment with your local seat dealership where the work will be carried out free of charge.

If you have any queries plesae contact SEAT 0500 222 222

Hope this is of some use to fellow SEAT owners.

Freddie

Last edited:

acidstrato

My Fast says shut up!
Dec 9, 2004
Newport, South Wales
welcome to five years ago....

sticky bout it somewhere as well

if you want to check yours, its the plastic pipe on the driver side of the intake manifold

Last edited:

__B3NNY__

OEM with a 'Twist'
May 5, 2005
Oxford
Id still follow it up mate, more than likly your car hasnt been done thats why you have had this reminder.

Its old hat to most people now.

freddie

super duper cupra...
Apr 2, 2007
Hull, East Yorkshire
didn't think of searching to be honest just litraly got in and read it. Then thought post it up quick as. Wouldn't mind but i've had the car nearly 2 years and touch wood no issues with brakes so far? Just to think half an hour ago i was on the way home .

Last edited by a moderator:
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.