life after Leon: What will your next car be ?

Jan 1, 2006
Sheffield
Range Rover Evoque

2012-Land-Rover-Range-Evoque-5-Door-12.jpg

That's one UGLY car! :blink:

greyfloppyhat

Jun 14, 2011
Dublin/Belfast
tempted to get an R32 for a bit, they're a good price at the minute and are weirdly not that bad to insure considering I'm only 20, but would love an M3 or an S5 sometime in the future, fingers crossed I'll be able to get an R35 GTR at some point. SO many cars so little time... and money lol

Its actually hard to say, I love my leon and it sort of is my (realistic) dream car, just waiting til I can afford to move up to the cupra :D

Redemption

Jun 18, 2011
Hampshire
tempted to get an R32 for a bit, they're a good price at the minute

Oddly enough been looking at these recently as the prices are dropping well. They sound great and the ones with leather Recaros are a very nice place to be sitting! 4WD and DSG are the other winners for me.

Deleted member 53697

Definatley Audi - want the next gen S3 so long as it comes with a 2.5 TFSI. I've got all my fingers and toes crossed on this one!
Never going back to SEAT ownership; I've hated every minute of it to be honest.
That said the Cupra has been a great car to me (us) but I should never have bought it...

betty_swollox

Richie
Feb 15, 2011
Washington
Definatley Audi - want the next gen S3 so long as it comes with a 2.5 TFSI. I've got all my fingers and toes crossed on this one!
Never going back to SEAT ownership; I've hated every minute of it to be honest.
That said the Cupra has been a great car to me (us) but I should never have bought it...

What's the matter with it like??

Deleted member 53697

Well I reckon i've lost about £7k on it in a year (inludes mods so not as bad as it sounds) and it wasn't even brand new and I don't like it that much... was an impulse buy, somebody should have stopped me lol. I find owning a Seat quite depressing because nobody sees it as being a particularly high performance or desireable car...

Jan 1, 2006
Sheffield
I find owning a Seat quite depressing because nobody sees it as being a particularly high performance.

I find that half the fun tbh. Especially when you see someone, who is in a car that cost almost twice as much, with a rather depressed look on their face disappear in your rear view mirror.

I have really enjoyed by Cupra, but after 2.5 yrs it's time to start looking as I'm getting bored of the performance and most of all the cabin.

Deleted member 53697

I find that half the fun tbh. Especially when you see someone, who is in a car that cost almost twice as much, with a rather depressed look on their face disappear in your rear view mirror.

I have really enjoyed by Cupra, but after 2.5 yrs it's time to start looking as I'm getting bored of the performance and most of all the cabin.

I didn't realise not having 4WD would annoy me as much as it has done tbh. There really is not point tuning it after Stage 2+...

LeonFR07DSG

Aug 15, 2008
Hertfordshire
Wish i could say what i would be going for but i dont know.... no money and maybe looking at getting a place with the gf means i think i might just keep mine and keep modding it slowly, to keep me interested.

greyfloppyhat

Jun 14, 2011
Dublin/Belfast
Theres was loads of R32 around the 10,000 mark when I was buying my leon, but they all have gone :( prices seem to be more around the 13,000 mark.

V6, 4 Wheel drive, dsg

tony323ci

Lovin' it
May 15, 2011
Nottingham
I'd love BMW Alpina an M3 and then some !

but

A. Cannot justify two cars
B. For some reason they drop in value worse than a Jag !

saintelise

Well I reckon i've lost about £7k on it in a year (inludes mods so not as bad as it sounds) and it wasn't even brand new and I don't like it that much... was an impulse buy, somebody should have stopped me lol. I find owning a Seat quite depressing because nobody sees it as being a particularly high performance or desireable car...

Why do you care what other people think of your car choice?

I've had my 'mid life crisis' had an Elise for 4 1/2 years and 3 BMW's before that.

I find it quite funny that people see SEAT as downmarket - I rather like the fact that apart from a few cheap bits of interior - the car is well screwed together, runs well and gets me and the family around - a bit of a Q car.

Next car - anything from an S3, RS4, Golf but I'm waiting to see what the MK3 Leon Cupra will be like - probably be out in 2 to 3 years when I'll be ready for a change.

Last edited: