Light strip not turning red in sport mode

Feb 9, 2019
Hi guys,
Just bought a Leon FR DSG and am wondering if the light strips are supposed to turn red whenever you go to sport mode? When I select it from the console, they do go red, but when I nudge the stick down into sport, they stay white, though the gears display S4 or whatever.
So it does go into sport mode but the light stays white...would be ace if it went red using that function as well as the console mode selection. Any ideas?
Thanks,
Will

Copra68

Jun 10, 2013
That's tottaly normal, knocking the gear stick into sport only puts the gearbox into sport mode. The lights only change to red if you change the mode on the dash switch as it changes everything, tightens the steering and makes the accelerator pedal responce sharper.

Reactions: Will Griffiths
Feb 9, 2019
That's tottaly normal, knocking the gear stick into sport only puts the gearbox into sport mode. The lights only change to red if you change the mode on the dash switch as it changes everything, tightens the steering and makes the accelerator pedal responce sharper.

Thanks for the response! That's a shame, I will only really use sport for overtaking I imagine. Maybe sometimes I'll put it in sport from the console for some good bits of road...but shame it won't go red from the stick for an overtake!
Ohh well.

Lam999

Mar 9, 2019
Thanks for the response! That's a shame, I will only really use sport for overtaking I imagine. Maybe sometimes I'll put it in sport from the console for some good bits of road...but shame it won't go red from the stick for an overtake!
Ohh well.

That’s weird mine doesn’t even turn red when I put it in sports mode? Any idea why? 18 FR ecoTSI 150 DSG

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.