Lighter Socket Help Needed Please! (No it's not the fuse!!!)

Gordz

Caught The Mod Bug Again!
May 31, 2007
North East
Searched and searched and searched and searched.... and just for a change I did a bit more searching... and found nothing about my odd problem (with the leon that is!), anyway...

The cigarette lighter socket has out of the blue stopped working.

Before anyone says, no it's not the fuse as I checked that straight away.

I've tried 4 different devices in the socket, and also in another car and they work in the other car but not mine, so it's not the device I'm using.

The red light which lights up the socket is still working, but there is just no power coming out of the socket itself when I plug anything in!

Anyone got any ideas of what to do??? :shrug:

Really could do with my satnav back! Been having to get the old map out :blink: :help:

Gordz

May 31, 2007
North East
I took it out before to check if a wire had come loose, but it all looks connected up. How can I test if there is electricity flowing through the wires themselves?

As like I said the red light is lighting up in the socket, so that's why I don't understand why it's not working!

Gordz

May 31, 2007
North East
Could be. I'll try and trace the wire all the way back to where ever it goes and see if there's some kind of break in the wire anywhere.

Cheers for your help Lee! Could be back here again though needing your words of wisdom if still can't find the problem!!!

AntneeUK

2 Wheels 2 Many
Mar 8, 2009
Nottinghamshire
May be pointless, but if you have a point in the boot too, it could be worth trying that one? Also, I've known LEDs light up in the past but nothing that draws the extra power because the low wattage required for the LED was there, but it wasn't sufficient for anything that draws any more. Just a thought; ie having power to light an LED doesn't mean there's enough to power a sat-nav

As I say, may be pointless :lol:

Gordz

May 31, 2007
North East
Don't have an extra power socket in the boot! I take it that was some kind of optional extra?? Wonder if I could install one myself, would be quite handy for our car fridge!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise