Lights for Europe

sj1786

Jan 22, 2014
I recently became the proud owner of a Leon FR 184. My first ever Seat and up to now I am very happy and impressed.

I was wondering if anyone has been from the UK to Europe yet. If so did you modify the front lights in anyway for driving on the other side of the road.

Planning a trip to France in the spring. Some of the other cars I have had had a switch on the lights to make them legal. Some you had to use stickers over the lights.

Anyone have any first hand experience.

Thanks in advance.

Pgcreature

Oct 7, 2013
Surrey
In September took mine to France and bought some very expensive stickies on the ferry. What a rip off..... could have used masking tape using the pattern on the light lenses. It did clip the beam off though to on coming drivers...:funk:

320i24v

Feb 17, 2014
I recently became the proud owner of a Leon FR 184. My first ever Seat and up to now I am very happy and impressed.

I was wondering if anyone has been from the UK to Europe yet. If so did you modify the front lights in anyway for driving on the other side of the road.

Planning a trip to France in the spring. Some of the other cars I have had had a switch on the lights to make them legal. Some you had to use stickers over the lights.

Anyone have any first hand experience.

Thanks in advance.

Hello and massive congrats on your purchase!!

I hope I won't be offtopic (and I apologize if I am) but would you be kind enough as to share your thoughts, impressions, mpg figures about your new car? The more info the better as I have one on order and I still have one and a half months to wait. :cry:

Thank you! :)

sj1786

Jan 22, 2014
hi 320

I had a couple of 320 Bmw's prior to changing car last month. I liked the BMW however my job is being relocated later this year meaning quite a few extra miles each day. The car was 4 years old and getting a bit pricy with servicing repairs tyres etc. So I needed something which was more economical but still fun to drive. I was able to pick up a 6 month old Leon FR 184 with only a 2k on the clock with a big saving on new price.

First impressions of the Leon are good. I was getting about 37 mpg around the houses in the old car. I am currently getting about 44mgh in the new Leon. I haven't done a long motorway drive yet for comparison. Old car was 45-47 mpg normally on a motorway only run.

Add into fact road tax is only 20 quid a year, I can get two decent tyres for the price of one servicing is cheaper and getting about 10-15%% extra mpg. Up to now it a no brainer.

The only think I miss is my heated seats on a cold morning but the grin I get when I put my foot down coming out of a corner more then makes up for this.

Had the car 4 weeks now. No regrets.

320i24v

Feb 17, 2014
hi 320

I had a couple of 320 Bmw's prior to changing car last month. I liked the BMW however my job is being relocated later this year meaning quite a few extra miles each day. The car was 4 years old and getting a bit pricy with servicing repairs tyres etc. So I needed something which was more economical but still fun to drive. I was able to pick up a 6 month old Leon FR 184 with only a 2k on the clock with a big saving on new price.

First impressions of the Leon are good. I was getting about 37 mpg around the houses in the old car. I am currently getting about 44mgh in the new Leon. I haven't done a long motorway drive yet for comparison. Old car was 45-47 mpg normally on a motorway only run.

Add into fact road tax is only 20 quid a year, I can get two decent tyres for the price of one servicing is cheaper and getting about 10-15%% extra mpg. Up to now it a no brainer.

The only think I miss is my heated seats on a cold morning but the grin I get when I put my foot down coming out of a corner more then makes up for this.

Had the car 4 weeks now. No regrets.

Hello,

Thank you kindly for your prompt reply! I am really happy to hear that you are enjoying the Leon. It should take good care of you for a million happy miles!

I ordered one myself, fortunately I have ticked the heated seats option and the panoramic sunroof (can't wait) and I am currently struggling with the waiting period.
Also, if I will be averaging anything near 42 mpg in city traffic I will be more than happy. I currently have an Astra turbo which is averaging 22-24 mpg in rush hour traffic, so it would be a great improvement. :D

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members