'Lights on' warning buzzer not working

guitarjon

searched for this and its current so must be relative. Just checking have i picked up the right thing here. If the interior light does not come on when you open the door does it mean that the little microswitch is not working properly and needs replacing?

I have a leon 1.6 s the interior light is strange when i slide it to the left (symbol with the open door) the light just stays on even when i lock the car. I was expecting like most cars the light to turn off when the door is shut and turn on when the door is open.

Are these the symptoms of the micro switch in question?

andycupra

status subject to change
searched for this and its current so must be relative. Just checking have i picked up the right thing here. If the interior light does not come on when you open the door does it mean that the little microswitch is not working properly and needs replacing?

I have a leon 1.6 s the interior light is strange when i slide it to the left (symbol with the open door) the light just stays on even when i lock the car. I was expecting like most cars the light to turn off when the door is shut and turn on when the door is open.

Are these the symptoms of the micro switch in question?

you can have the light on permanently, which sounds like you have done. (although i presume it doesnt go off if you arm the alarm..)

If the micro switch is faulty then the light will not come on when you open the door.
If you are unsure if the switch is faulty, then try another door, say the passenger. If this turns the light on when you open it but the same does not happen for the drivers door then it is likely to be the micro switch.

i think you can have the light on permanently, off permanently or operating with the doors. so make sure you have the switch on the correct setting.

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
dodgy switch inside the interior light maybe, get a VW golf one with map reading lights from a brakers yard. only a few quid :D

or buy a new one from VW

zeroSignal

Epic post-bump from hell. I've tried searching and couldn't find an answer - will this switch work on a MK1 Leon as well?

BlackFR

Jan 22, 2002
Not too far away
Been having a look around and the original switch is IP67 rated unlike the ones from maplin etc. Due to the switch being open to the elements the maplin switch may well suffer premeture failure from water / schizzle ingress.

I've found an alternative which is IP67 rated and therefore protected from the elements and is made but the same manufacturer as the original. I've ordered it up and will give it a go.

bald_eagle

yeah its blue but i like
Mar 25, 2007
Been having a look around and the original switch is IP67 rated unlike the ones from maplin etc. Due to the switch being open to the elements the maplin switch may well suffer premeture failure from water / schizzle ingress.

I've found an alternative which is IP67 rated and therefore protected from the elements and is made but the same manufacturer as the original. I've ordered it up and will give it a go.

ive got the same problem so keep us posted how you get on if you can and a picture guide would be a real help and might even temp me into fixing mine lol
can you link too the new switch you've found if it works.

Cheers

Last edited:

tdi sport

Apr 13, 2008
just going to order that off maplin just 1 question do when i open the link there is two switches
(GW69A) and (GW70M) which one is the correct one.

Neo

Fool member
Mar 24, 2009
just going to order that off maplin just 1 question do when i open the link there is two switches
(GW69A) and (GW70M) which one is the correct one.

I have this issue on mine and want to get it sorted soon, I`ve been living with it a while.

I`ve bought the GW70M which has an arm with a roller on the end of it, but I`ve since seen the exact one on ebay: clicky
Removed the roller arm and now the one from maplins looks exactly the same.

I`ll try to get on it soon but I`m a bit concerned about the window falling out and smashing when I remove the inner door card.

Mar 25, 2009
bath
this issue annoys me sooooo much, i have it on mine and i need it fixed asap as my alarm seems to randomly go off now and again and the headlight buzzer hasnt worked for ages, there are loads of threads on here just like this one with people buying things and never hearing from them again,

i am more than happy to take my door card off but is that all i need to remove in order to remove the lock?

is there any soldering required?

does the maplins one work ok?

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.