Lime Green Cupra K1 - Hybrid turbo

Leeoncupra

Feb 12, 2017
Halesowen
Wow , I knew these engines were strong but not that strong ! Crazy... I am
Going to have to get mine dyno’d afternoon I get these parts on, Ive resd aswell that the throttle pipe upgrade changes the noise of the air intake aswell, should be interesting to
See if it does or not , can’t complain for £160..
Update me as i wanted to put one on mine to aid flow

forged engine,revo intake,3" TBE r tech stage 2 -323bhp 333ftlb build thead: http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=440348

RyanC93

Dec 19, 2014
South Shields, Newcastle
I will do, last time I took the inlet manifold off , the throttle pipe was a right c*nt to take off , have to try and slide it past the fans and the engine then out from under the car:cry:

Last edited:

Leeoncupra

Feb 12, 2017
Halesowen
I will do, last time I took the inlet manifold off , the throttle pipe was a right c*nt to take off , have to try and slide it past the fans and the engine then out from under the car:cry:
Only takes half hour to take the front end off lol im pro at it...or maybe because a screw dissappears each time lol

forged engine,revo intake,3" TBE r tech stage 2 -323bhp 333ftlb build thead: http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=440348

RyanC93

Dec 19, 2014
South Shields, Newcastle
:doh:Takes me a lot longer then half a hour lol, I have a problem with the water meth the tank for the fluid is suppose to sit lower then the nozzles , but the nozzles are at the lowest point near the intercooler piping and the tank has to go on the boot

Last edited:

RyanC93

Dec 19, 2014
South Shields, Newcastle
Well since I put that engine flush stuff in , the ticking on my car hasn’t really altered so I have booked it into seat in 9 days for them to clean the oil sump , oil gauze and oil sender and have a look at the oil pump to make sure it’s all ok as they said the ticking could be caused due to oil not reaching the head properly , I asked them about the cam chain and apparently it is 700/800£ to swap it for a new one what is a joke

RyanC93

Dec 19, 2014
South Shields, Newcastle
I originally phoned Seat up to get the cam chain done as I thought it would be similar to the timing belt at £450 as I always get the timing belt done at the dealers , then I was shocked when they quoted me 700-800£ as the parts are no where near that much.. he then told me that they would need 2 hours diagnostics to find the problem and then would drop the sump and clean it ,replace oil pick up gauze , change the oil and filter even though I done it last week and inspect the oil pump for about £300 , I took it it to one other garages and they couldn’t work out where the clicking was coming from , he said he would need to strip it down

Leeoncupra

Feb 12, 2017
Halesowen
I originally phoned Seat up to get the cam chain done as I thought it would be similar to the timing belt at £450 as I always get the timing belt done at the dealers , then I was shocked when they quoted me 700-800£ as the parts are no where near that much.. he then told me that they would need 2 hours diagnostics to find the problem and then would drop the sump and clean it ,replace oil pick up gauze , change the oil and filter even though I done it last week and inspect the oil pump for about £300 , I took it it to one other garages and they couldn’t work out where the clicking was coming from , he said he would need to strip it down
Where are you from?

RyanC93

Dec 19, 2014
South Shields, Newcastle
Newcastle mate, I have just ordered all of the stuff to drop the sump , I am
Going to do it when I next have time off work and clean all of the oil pick up and sump completely and give it another oil change and filter . Do not think the engine flush helped , dislodged so much junk I feel paranoid driving my car now as I think it’s blocked something ..

RyanC93

Dec 19, 2014
South Shields, Newcastle
Well I’ve just ordered 6 litres of Mobil 1 oil, new oil filter , loctite gasket sealant , and a new oil pick up, just waiting for it to come

And I’ve also ordered a revo throttle pipe ready to be mated with the water meth kit :rofl:

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Well since I put that engine flush stuff in , the ticking on my car hasn’t really altered so I have booked it into seat in 9 days for them to clean the oil sump , oil gauze and oil sender and have a look at the oil pump to make sure it’s all ok as they said the ticking could be caused due to oil not reaching the head properly , I asked them about the cam chain and apparently it is 700/800£ to swap it for a new one what is a joke

Hmm, mine also makes a constant ticking sound and has since i bought it. It only had 30k on when I bought it, so figured that was too early for the timing chain. I took it to the garage twice with it. Both times they said they couldn't hear anything wrong and the TFSI engines are just noisy. I've looked at other Cupras on Youtube and they all seem to tick (made worse with the engine cover off).

Edited:
Just watched your video. If thats the constant ticking noise your talking about in the video, mine does that and always has done that.

Last edited:

RyanC93

Dec 19, 2014
South Shields, Newcastle
Hmm I’ve been told by multiply people and also seat that a block oil pick up will restrict the oil going to the head of
The engine and causes ticking , I am
Going to do my sump tomorrow and Saturday and see if it cures the problem , the ticking wasn’t half as bad until I put an engine flush in , so that makes me believe that the oil pick up has became more blocked

scotty1310

Feb 21, 2016
Kent
Hmm I’ve been told by multiply people and also seat that a block oil pick up will restrict the oil going to the head of
Going to do my sump tomorrow and Saturday and see if it cures the problem , the ticking wasn’t half as bad until I put an engine flush in , so that makes me believe that the oil pick up has became more blocked

Any chance you can take step by step pics of removing sump and changing oil pick up pipe. I'm wanting to do mine :)

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
I asked them about the cam chain and apparently it is 700/800£ to swap it for a new one what is a joke

Does it need a new chain? I thought it was just the tensioner that lost its tension over the years. In a couple of months when I have a bit more cash, I'm taking mine in to have the tensioner checked / replaced if needed.

Dunno if these will help you:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAdSyBRHOPs&t=126s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G65J1aEszyc&t=275s

I'm interested to see if that cures it, it'd be nice to have a quieter engine!

BTW. Whats your thoughts on the revo engine mounts? Do they provide any benefits? Other than peace of mind your not going to rip the engine out? :D My cars already really stiff and crashy. So I'm reluctant to make it worse. But thinking I should do engine mounts before carrying on towards 2+.

RyanC93

Dec 19, 2014
South Shields, Newcastle
I don’t know if the chain would but imagine that the chain wouldn’t be to much more to change then the tensioner once the engines tripped down , and I will scotty I will be doing it tomorrow , hopefully this silences my car

RyanC93

Dec 19, 2014
South Shields, Newcastle
Well I got my double din head unit in and it looks ten times better then the horrible standard radio, I’ve also removed all of the sump bolts bar 1 , going to get it sorted in the morning as I’m
Working tonight , here’s a photo scotty of the 20 bolts you have to remove , also the sensor then 3 16 mm bolts holding the sump to the gear box , and here’s a picture of the new part what I picked up

2s9ap8x.jpg

hrhlib.jpg

2s7z0n6.jpg

Last edited:

RyanC93

Dec 19, 2014
South Shields, Newcastle
Just refitted the sump and put a new pick
Up in, was a few lumps in it but not to much, the
Oil pick was clogged , also bolted the water meth pump and tank into the boot of the car when the gasket sealant was drying

aloim8.jpg

21neg76.jpg

oii3ia.jpg

208w9hi.jpg

2nbht3a.jpg

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise