Limp mode now not starting

Pye_FR170

May 15, 2018
Morning all.

Had a couple of issues with my pd170 leon. Which started after my darkside developments downpipe sheered at one weld. I took the downpipe off to fix it put it back on and all was fine. Then whilst driving on a 60mph road my revs dropped and the glow plug light started to flash. Took it to my mates garage where it came up with 1 fault code P0642 low 5v circut reference. I cleared the code and the car struggled to start how ever it did on the third attempt. All was well and good for a few days then whilst on the motor way at 1am(on way home from work) same problem happened loss of revs, no power, glow plug light flashing. So i get home turn the car off go back to it the next day and it wouldnt start. It just keep turning over and over. Called the AA(home start) and whenche put it on the computer the same fault code re appeared and he said that he could not see a engine speed whilst turning the car over or he could not pick up fuel pressure(went over my head)... so long story short the car has been in my drive way for 2 weeks and still wont start.

Any expeirences with this problem folks have encountered and have an idea to fix please help....

Mods on the car are
Dpf delete
Egr delete
3" darkside developments downpipe
Re-map.

Also the car ran fine until the downpipe issue

Rusty2k

May 12, 2013
Probably sensor / wiring damage caused when the downpipe broke, or perhaps during removal and refitting. I'd do a visual inspection of all the wiring towards the back of the engine bay.

Some decent diagnostic software that can give live sensor readings would help. Something like VCDS.

Failing that it's time to get busy with some wiring diagrams and a multimeter.

Pye_FR170

May 15, 2018
The one thong that stopped the down pipe falling completely off was the lamda sensor the wores are a little exposed. Could that prob be one part of the problem

DavieTDI

Brain dead
Aug 3, 2013
kilmarnock Scotland
The one thong that stopped the down pipe falling completely off was the lamda sensor the wores are a little exposed. Could that prob be one part of the problem

Yup. Would get that looked at as it will mess with everything. When I had a bad lambda sensor on my old car it would not tick over and drive like crap and drank fuel like it was it’s last day on earth.

Pye_FR170

May 15, 2018
Cheers. Its just a hassle i dont need the nkw getting married im 4 weekd lol.cspent about 2 geand on the car in the last 6 months

Rusty2k

May 12, 2013
As above, if you have damaged sensor wiring and a reoccurring fault code showing an electrical problem then that's a fairly obvious first thing to fix.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.