limp mode

turbo009

Red Lightning
Jun 15, 2008
Grimsby North East Lincs
The other night i hit limp mode (been ages since did)

it will hit limp mode then after a few mins will come back on boost

My coolant temp was reading 90 which is normal once engine warmed up i know.

Then it decided to drop back down then go back up :confused:

I know i need a new coolant temp sensor but out of interest will that put my car into limp mode ??

Any help appreciated thanks

tommy2008cupra

yep for overfuelling, mine did the same and went into limp however mine was cos i blew a boost pipe but did get as code for running to rich and it did go into limp mode for a bit, but now is runnig like a dream

tommy2008cupra

ye i think the green ones are the newer updated ones dont think there much bout £20ish, let me know how u get on mate

turbo009

Red Lightning
Jun 15, 2008
Grimsby North East Lincs
SDC10571.jpg

SDC10573.jpg

Today from stealers cost me £29.79 then £1ish for the o ring

Was going to fit it tonight but weather is raining,so will fit it tomorrow and see from there.

Just trying to find a guide on how too fit it

kyleh060

can any 1 help me i have got a 2005 seat leon fr tdi i was going up the motorway put my foot down and my turbo suddenly stop working carryed on driving for about 1 mile pulled over and turned car off and on and the turbo was working again this has only happened once turbo is working now aswell did my car do this because of a blip in the computer (ecu) or is it a sign the turbo is on it's way out plz help as i am worryed it will cause further damage or was it just a blip thanks kyle :headhurt:can any 1 help me i have got a 2005 seat leon fr tdi i was going up the motorway put my foot down and my turbo suddenly stop working carryed on driving for about 1 mile pulled over and turned car off and on and the turbo was working again this has only happened once turbo is working now aswell did my car do this because of a blip in the computer (ecu) or is it a sign the turbo is on it's way out plz help as i am worryed it will cause further damage or was it just a blip thanks kyle

kyleh060

can any 1 help me i have got a 2005 seat leon fr tdi i was going up the motorway put my foot down and my turbo suddenly stop working carryed on driving for about 1 mile pulled over and turned car off and on and the turbo was working again this has only happened once turbo is working now aswell did my car do this because of a blip in the computer (ecu) or is it a sign the turbo is on it's way out plz help as i am worryed it will cause further damage or was it just a blip thanks kyle :headhurt:

Kyle - make your own thread bud.

Wow that's pricey for a sensor!! Got mine for sub £10. Not from the dealer mind you but it looks identical. I posted up a pic of where it goes in a thread somewhere.. Not difficult. Take out the clip, pull out the sensor, push in the new one, put the clip back.

DSC00263edit.jpg

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.