Linear maps

alias

May 9, 2011
Essex
Can anyone recommend who has the most linear generic map? I'm looking for a Stage 1 without boost spikes. Are most common maps (AMD, Revo etc.) very linear?

Thanks!

Mk1 banana

Dec 16, 2012
(Not so) Sunny Hastings
y4a8edet.jpg

Here's my stage one by AmD, if it helps mate

223 hp
263 lbft

Reactions: alias

alias

May 9, 2011
Essex
Thanks a lot Mk1 Banana. Looks pretty good to me. I should add that I have an LCR so I don't know how much the mapping differs there, but I can't imagine it would be too fr removed from what your readout shows.

dazjstuart

May 18, 2012
Aberdeen
y4a8edet.jpg

Here's my stage one by AmD, if it helps mate

223 hp
263 lbft

200 hp standard :blink: looks like they have "happy rollers", I am aware that the stock figures given for these engines are on the conservative side but 20 bhp over stated, I don't think so. I would knock 10 bhp off your before and afters. Mind you I suppose the difference between before and after is the important thing so the actual figure doesn't really matter.

alias

May 9, 2011
Essex
200 hp standard :blink: looks like they have "happy rollers", I am aware that the stock figures given for these engines are on the conservative side but 20 bhp over stated, I don't think so. I would knock 10 bhp off your before and afters. Mind you I suppose the difference between before and after is the important thing so the actual figure doesn't really matter.

I noticed that too. I've heard that AmD are a little generous with their claims, but I'm more concerned about how the car is to drive an reliability than arbitrary willy waving figures.

Mk1 banana

Dec 16, 2012
(Not so) Sunny Hastings
It is lightly modded too, though it shocked me (and them for that matter)
Split r
Open cone filter
N112+n249 bypass,
they also say
99octane adds upto 10 bhp too, which would explain a lot...
Other than that its just had a load of my time and effort keeping her mechanically up to date. and new coil packs(with map), as the old ones couldn't handle it.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members