Listers Seat Birmingham

Apr 15, 2009
Wolverhampton
I went there on Wednesday to take my car in to have a few warranty issues sorted. When I went in I told the lad on service (Dan) not to wash the car as it had just been detailed a few days before. Within 20 mins of me getting from Brum to Wolves I rang up again just to make sure they understood not to wash it and they said yes we will make sure it wont get washed. Anyway I fetched the car back at around 5.30 on the evening to find out it had been washed. Needless to say I was fuming.

I rang his manager next day to have a chat and he basically called me a lier and that they wasn't informed not to clean the car. His response was that when cars come in they get washed when they arrive to me this is a no brainer, now if I or any normal person worked there and I could see that the car was immaculate I wouldn't waste my time in washing it or is that just me?? the car was detailed over two days and then garaged until that day. He also advised me that he believes Dan (service guy) over any customer. He also said over the course of the day they have over 30 cars in a day and they have to rush them through the valeting bay, so just to make you all aware that when you take your car to these useless ***** you can be rest assured you will get a dirty chavy 17 yr old washing your pride and joy who don't give a ****.

I cant believe he let a twat loose on my car after what I had said and what I've had done. So to say I'm pissed off big time is an understatement.

Needless to say I wont be using them again, they are bunch of incompetent ******s. They don't take care of your car and what ever you request they couldn't give a **** they will do it there way or no way.

Apr 15, 2009
Wolverhampton
Well I suggest you look up detailers and valeters I think you will see a massive difference between the two, also check out the section on here so you understand.

jake

I AV MOSTLY BEEN BEATING
Feb 2, 2003
rochdale
Visit site
I'm quite aware of the difference

Both do very similar things. One charges a lot more for their services ;) its the difference between old school and new school

Detailing is an Americansim coined by the UK for some reason, people go on the likes of detailing world and then instead of washing and waxing their car they are detailing it.

The polishes, machines and product haven't changed that much in the last ten years

But to slate off a dealership because they washed ypur car is a bit out of order.

chrisr45

Jul 2, 2008
Middleton/Rochdale
I worked at a main dealership as a Valeter, Every other week I would end up doing the "service" washes.

Now forgive me for being a bit Pi$$ed off at your comment but im certainly no "dirty chavy 17 yr old " or a "Tw@t "

The difference between "Valeting" & "Detailing" is the hugely inflated cost & the American term for it.

Apr 15, 2009
Wolverhampton
I worked at a main dealership as a Valeter, Every other week I would end up doing the "service" washes.

Now forgive me for being a bit Pi$$ed off at your comment but im certainly no "dirty chavy 17 yr old " or a "Tw@t "

The difference between "Valeting" & "Detailing" is the hugely inflated cost & the American term for it.
You get what you pay for. £5.00 car wash or pay a few hundred £ for a better job, no brainer really.

chrisr45

Jul 2, 2008
Middleton/Rochdale
Just because its dearer does that mean its better then?

Where does the £5 car wash come into it? Did you take it there aswell??

Last edited:

jake

I AV MOSTLY BEEN BEATING
Feb 2, 2003
rochdale
Visit site
Half the people on detailing world are up their own arsed the rest wouldn't have a clue and just follow like sheep, and buy what there told to. Way too much invested interest on dw.

The local valeters to us used to do full exterior machine polishes. There service was a two day turn around inc interior they charged 100.

Don't think polishing cars has just been invented 10 yrs ago there were no wash mitts. Snow foams or two bucket methods ad the finishes on cars would piss all over some of today's efforts.

chrisr45

Jul 2, 2008
Middleton/Rochdale
Obviously. A dealership valeter is no diff to the cosovon car wash you see.

Yeah suppose so, When I wishy washed a car the brush made it nice & clean !

Did use a sponge at first but I kept putting it down on the floor & one day I forgot where I put it.

Get over your self pal, Suppose your detailers used "Special" Blue tape aswell didn't they?

Apr 15, 2009
Wolverhampton
Yeah suppose so, When I wishy washed a car the brush made it nice & clean !

Did use a sponge at first but I kept putting it down on the floor & one day I forgot where I put it.

Get over your self pal, Suppose your detailers used "Special" Blue tape aswell didn't they?
I don't expect a valeter to understand what I'm talking about so jog on.

chrisr45

Jul 2, 2008
Middleton/Rochdale
Haha because they charge more & use a different word for the Job then they are "Profesional" then?

Suppose they have showed you qualifications aswell then to prove how professional these places are.

No matter what you call it or how people big it up, at the end of the day you had your car cleaned & paid a lot for the privalage of it.

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2009
Wolverhampton
Haha because they charge more & use a different word for the Job then they are "Profesional" then?

Suppose they have showed you qualifications aswell then to prove how professional these plasces are.
Qualifications or not its a little bit different than picking up a sponge and getting a car through within 10 mins.

chrisr45

Jul 2, 2008
Middleton/Rochdale
10 mins ??? I wish! Depnding on the state of the car it can quite easily run into 3 days

Quick question.. When the so called 17 year old tw@t washed the car did he damage the paint or the car in anyway?

Last edited:
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.