Listers Seat Birmingham

yellonvi-R

Sep 8, 2011
birmingham
God lets hope your mrs don't burn your dinner Christ I could imagine you setting her on fire if I simple car wash has ruined your whole life.

jake

I AV MOSTLY BEEN BEATING
Feb 2, 2003
rochdale
Visit site
No offence but your going to mar paint work every time you touch it.

Even if you snow foam. Even if you use two buckets. Hell you could go as far as using a new mitt every wipe and your still going to mar the paint.

Any contact is bad. The use of good quality waxes and/or sealants can limit this but it's still going to happen

I don't know what step if correction your car's had or the products used but if they haven't gone through the steps correctly andthen they finished with a filler heavy glaze or ultrafina then the wash could of started to break down protection on the panel.

Fwiw trade products knock spots of most of the watered down retail products out there. And just because it's expensive doesn't make it better. A lot of products I the UK come from the same chemist ;)

Last edited:

MJ

Public transport abuser
Apr 22, 2008
Manchester
m.facebook.com
@ marks_leon

Your attitude towards your fellow members in this thread is a disgrace.

People have offered their help and opinion and in almost every case you've ridiculed them and belittled their comments, even put them down regarding their profession.

Take your head out of your self important, arrogant arse and go and moan elsewhere.

Reactions: @udi A3
Apr 15, 2009
Wolverhampton
@ marks_leon

People have offered their help and opinion and in almost every case you've ridiculed them and belittled their comments, even put them down regarding their profession.

Take your head out of your self important, arrogant arse and go and moan elsewhere.
Where along the line have people offered help?? from what I've read people are saying I should be grateful I've had my car washed, so I will respond how I see fit to the comment I have received. End of.

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
On the other hand, Jennings in Middlesbrough serviced my car on Friday. I asked them to not wash it, and they did exactly as I asked :)

Generally the customer is always right, if he didn't want his car washed it would save the employees time and the dealer money. A simply note on the job sheet to say 'do not wash' would have been enough to keep him happy.

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
I always wash my car and maybe give it some wax before a dealer visit. I always ask them not to wash it and I normally put a post it note on the steering wheel saying "Please Do Not wash This Car Thankyou"

I also always get the booking in guy to do a walk around my car and sign a damage report before I hand the keys over.

They probably think I'm a twat but I don't care.

Never had a problem with dealer service washes with gritty sponges.

I also hate the way people call washing a car "detailing" it. I would never say to anyone that my car had been detailed even if I had just paid £300 for someone to "professionally clean and correct" it, because I would look like a plonker.

I 2 bucket wash, dry, wax and sometimes polish small blemishes on my cars myself and they look perfectly OK for me.

Detailing world is far too gay for my taste.

Last edited:

marty_34

Apr 21, 2012
TEESSIDE
@ marks_leon

Says you that ridiculed me over cam belt info i got from Seat UK

Takes one to know one n all that

MJ

Public transport abuser
Apr 22, 2008
Manchester
m.facebook.com
Says you that ridiculed me over cam belt info i got from Seat UK

Takes one to know one n all that

I never ridiculed anyone on that thread, I pointed out a mistake with the info you were offering and later on added the correct information required. I was also wrong as it happens and why I was so arsey with you on that particular day I really don't know, so for that I'm sorry and in future I'll be more tactful and polite when offering my input.

We're all on the same team here at the end of the day. If seat uk had got it right then I wouldn't have said a word which is why I took the time to research the correct info from several sources including Seats own system and the info was there clear as day.

I can understand why the OP is pissed off, I really can! But having a dig at other people and what they do for a living (probably in anger because the "detailing" work previously carried out was ruined) was a little OTT.

In short, sorry if I've come across as being a **** with anyone. I'm really a nice guy! Must have just had a couple of those days and become a keyboard warrior temporarily! :lol:

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Yesterday i got the pressure washer out and blasted by wheels they are white originally but were very black with break dust... does that mean i have detailed my car now? :cartman:

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Yesterday i got the pressure washer out and blasted by wheels they are white originally but were very black with break dust... does that mean i have detailed my car now? :cartman:

Only if you took pretentious pictures with a light reflecting in them

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
Other than the washing issue did they sort all your issues, as the choice for the next service is them or Bristol Street at Star City following the demise of Central & Colliers as Seat dealers. Last service (Colliers) I asked them not to wash the car and they didn't. Not because I'm into extreme polishing etc (snow foam, couple of buckets and Autoglym's finest usually) but I've seen car washes in action....:blink:

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members