Little annoying things about your Ibiza???

kwlw

Nov 22, 2019
Yeah not all people are sensitive to such things. I needed to concentrate to hear if my car clicks the same. Also needed to turn off the radio while standing at the traffic lights (studded tires). My car bigger problem is low idle rpm at temps lower than zero (stalls or wheelspin at launch) and clutch not fully disengaging, so I have grrrrrrrrr sometimes when trying to engage reverse. That makes side parking on the hills (where I live) quite an experience. Where cupra has no issues. Still both are SEAT's - Super Exciting Automotive Trouble. I never expect them to be working perfectly. Being exciting is enough :rock:. Of course I am not "normal" person. I am more like ones who didn't care about how plastic Evo interior was looking. Looks good, goes fast, nothing else matters.

alpineSi

Oct 6, 2018
Nottingham
Yeh the wiper 'click' gets on my nerves too, have to turn the radio on. I also acknowledge the outline of pools of water on the rear bumper but the biggest little annoyances for me are actually the lack of roof lighting in the rear of the car and the bug in Android Auto that makes the volume of spoken directions completely erratic from whispering to shouting.

Reactions: Misho

alpineSi

Oct 6, 2018
Nottingham
I suspect the suspension bushes, including strut top mounts, are at the root of the problem and so not easily rectified. Compared to the Cordoba, the Ibiza lurches and crashes it's way over the road surface and if you fail to avoid one of the many potholes you are subject to a terrific crashing noise and the whole car shakes in a way the Cordoba never did.

On my 2018 car this turned out to be the dealership neglecting to remove some plastic parts put in to hold the car steady during transport. Fixed in five mins by another dealer whipping them out.

Sonicboom

Dec 3, 2019
Thanks for your input AlpineSi I have heard a few times that the spring damper blocks being left in. Which is very poor on the part of the dealer to miss upon commissioning preparing a car for a customer.

Yes the rear of the car need s some light. As the inertia trim plastic is black so is the carpets, mats , alcatara seat upholstery plus the back of the front seats too, No usable light gets past the tall seats with head restraints. Also the black just seems to soak any available the light up. Seat has gone to so much trouble lighting the front of the car. With colour change option door trim lights, foot well lights, Map reading lights. A roof mounted light in the back would have been really helpful.

No light in the glove box that might have been a handy I always think a light to illuminate the ignition lock would be very useful Or a led ring that surrounds the lock barrel, That goes out when the engine starter motor kicks in. Might also help remind you not to forget your keys. Not seen a car with this feature. Not sure would a car more at the luxury end may have it? Thinking Merc or BMW?

My latest little annoyance is all the water marks left on the door card plastic from the rain when opening the doors. particularly shows on the flat surface of the armrests. When the water dries you are left with this horrible lime type tortoiseshell effect. Mind you where I live it rains everyday all day. : ( Eight days a week lol!

Crossthreaded

Apr 16, 2019
I actually like listening to the little noises my car makes as I'm driving along - much more interesting than the radio. Mostly It reassures me that everything is working as it should but if I hear an unusual or unexpected noise it will often serve to alert me to a problem which I can fix before it goes seriously (expensively) wrong. It's the same when flying. My son in law is an aeronautical engineer and I've spent time up in the air with him in his little Robin. (even actually taken control on several occasions - great fun!) so I have some understanding of throttling, flaps, trim, etc, etc. I find it very interesting listening to all the little, and not so little, noises planes make in flight. Makes the journey so much more fun.

I've heard of those blocks being left in - Think it was someone on here who alerted me to it some time ago? Not the problem with mine though.

I also would like a light for rear seats and one in the boot. I'll probably do something about one in the boot but not bother with the rear seat one.

Whilst my MK5 ST has no water ingress with doors etc closed. I'm really quite annoyed with the amount that comes in when doors, and especially the tailgate, are opened.

Dec 31, 2019
West Midlands
My Ibiza had an annoying habit of loosing the wheel locking bolt covers as they seem a really loose fit compared to the normal bolt covers, they'd start working loose over time and end up falling off In the end i packed the replacement ones with electrical tape for a more tight fit which stopped the problem.

Sonicboom

Dec 3, 2019
Hi! Ace_pd Yes I had exactly the same problem. I also used a very similar solution to cure it. As there was no grip or snap on fit to the covers? However I now have the wheel nuts permanently exposed.

vc-10

Mar 29, 2016
the bug in Android Auto that makes the volume of spoken directions completely erratic from whispering to shouting.

Oh my god this drives me nuts. And my Fabia, which also had Android Auto, doesn't do it. I keep meaning to speak to the dealer about it to see if there's a software update or something.

I've lost a wheelnut cover too. I've heard putting electrical tape around the inside of the cover helps, but of course forgot to do that before they started falling off!

kwlw

Nov 22, 2019
I was at the dealer in December, they installed some newer infotainment software than was in my car. Mine had issue with CarPlay after my phone upgraded to iOS 13 (not Android :)). Actually in my car, when navigation starts to use strange volume, I press voice assistant button on the steering wheel and adjust the speech volume (corresponding icon is displayed on dash screen) with thumb wheel. Took me a while to figure how to adjust navigation volume while having hands on the wheel, so I am sharing my "discovery" ;). Also volume changes if you touch thumb wheel while it is saying something. Which is quite a case when driving with winter gloves and turning steering wheel a lot.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise