Little p*ssed off with the Garage...

Evening All,

Well car went in the garage today for so called 'warranty' work. For those of you who don't know, I bought the car from a Mazda main dealer in June 2011. It had been P/Ex'd against a Mazda 6 so the warranty is RAC Warranty.

Anyways, few bits needed sorting and just hadn't had the time to take it in. Went in today for the following

• N/S/F Window sometimes get stuck like motor has burnt out
  • Alarm doesn't work, had it Vagcom'd and no sound coming from it
  • Boot Gas Springs are weak.

Anyways, they call me back later and say..

N/S/F - Had to take door apart, greased all behind - that's £56 please!
Alarm - Can't fix it, our mechanics don't understand your vagcom report
Gas Springs - Not covered under warranty, that will be £61 please.

Moral of Story - RAC warranty is rubbish, mechanics are rubbish and love how they took car apart without letting me know!

Luke

vincent5525

Mechanic
Jul 2, 2011
uk, sheffield
All after market warranties are rubbish period! My parents took out a super duper warranty out on their 3 year old smart car, the latest warranty refusal was a faulty radio. But they said its not covered cos its corroded. Your better off putting a little a side each month to cover yourself for repairs.

/dev/null

Nov 12, 2008
When my window was sticking the dealers just sprayed some silicon spray around the seals (no taking anything apart) and it fixed it straight away. Was foc too.

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
our local stealer "fixed" our sticking front window by bending the frame.:w4nk::censored: cue much shouting and took it to another dealer (central seat) who made a much better job of fixing it. :D