Liverpool SEAT

ChrisUK

Eat My Smoke
Oct 20, 2004
Liverpool, UK
Hi all,

I've just been to Liverpool SEAT to get a 40k service.

I, and others, had issues with Liverpool SEAT, trying to get in contact with them, waiting for calls back etc - they were generally in a state of disarray.

The owner contacted me, after seeing the comments on SCN, apologised for the issues I'd been having, and offered me a deal on the service that I couldn't refuse.

Apparently, they have been having IT & telecommunication issues, all of which have now been resolved.

I took my car down on Sat, and picked up a courtesy car (Altea - yuk, lol). I got a call today from the ever friendly receptionist (Claire), who gave me a run down on the issues they had found (nothing big, just tyres on the limit, aerial missing, damaged numberplate etc) - and offered to replace them (for a fee of course).

I went down an hour later to pick up the car, and had a chat with Tom (owner). He took me for a little look around, showed me the workshop (which was immaculate), and apologised again for the troubles.

The standard of service I received was excellent, and it does look like they have resolved many issues. The car was valeted, and looks sparkling, and they also left in the surplus screenwash.

Overall, I was impressed with the standard of service they offered (obviously excluding the initial problems), and if they keep this up, along with competitive pricing, then I'm sure they will be a success.

If you've had any dealings with Liverpool SEAT, please post them in here. I'll be getting another price for my 50k service to see how they compare (normally goto Alex Lawrie Skoda, who are also highly recommended).

Chris

liverpoolsteve

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the positive feedback - I will pass your comments on to Tom and his team.

Steve

PhilYerBoots

Jan 1, 2008
Tell him as long as he keeps that level of service up, he will get a lot of business from the back of this site. Cheers

You're not wrong Chris, as on the back of your comments and some other members' positive feedback on here I'm going to book our Leon in for it's first 10K service with Liverpool Seat.

I've spoken to Claire at the dealers today and was quoted £125 all in, which is pretty much spot on same price as Alex Lawrie quoted, although they won't be able to fix a couple of warranty niggles we wan't fixing at the same time.

Just need to sort out a day off work in November to drop the car off and pop into town to check out whats new in Liverpool One..:funk:

I'm not even going to bother getting a price from LC Charles in Crewe, where we bought the car, as despite getting good service from them before they are just too far away now that we've got a dealer on our doorstep..:D

I'm not sure if liverpoolsteve is still reading this thread but are SCN members being offered discounts for servicing and parts by Seat Liverpool ?...as I'm sure I've seen 10% mentioned elsewhere on here...:whistle:

philc

Apr 12, 2009
Ormskirk
I'm gonna wait for the outcome of my issues before I post my experiences.

It's currently being dealt with...

PhilYerBoots

Jan 1, 2008
Any offers on at the moment?

Last year had my Leon serviced and mot'd there and was pleased with results and price.

Gerry

I've booked my Leon in for its 2nd year service, just before xmas after payday !
Was told to get a price and ring them back and they'd beat it...which they did to be fair.

Also had mine serviced at Liverpool last year and can recommend them.

mardon

Feel the DIFFerence
Sep 22, 2008
A bean bag
Liverpool Seat have always been great with me. They have done price matching on servicing (cam belt) and the car is always well looked after washed (even after a simple job). I have spent a fair bit of money there and have not been disappointed.

Ordered my new Car from there. The sales has been as good as the servicing. Recommended.

liverpoolsteve

Service Offers

We've always got offers on for you guys!

Give Tom a call on 0151 243 2100, tell him you're an SCN member and what service you require and he'll give you a great price.

Thanks for the positive feedback - we keep trying to get better every day.

Steve:D

delboyuk2005uk

Jan 25, 2009
St Helens
Yeah been there twice so far and have no will be going back again unless somehow they wont price match anymore!

Anyway 1st time round got a very good price on service.

2nd time had some warranty work done and everything went through smoothly even treated my car to a valet both times.

Liverpool seat will still keep my custom as am one happy customer.

mart280

Hi all I'm a newbie on here, ok here is the story we sold my Seat Arosa on the 30th Nov to get a 2007 Seat Ibiza 1.4 Sport for my mum, when she first saw the car she loved it the style the color everything, on the day of picking the car up I noticed that the headlights were badly misted up inside and was assured by the sales guy Nick that it would go when the engine warmed up the engine warmed up but the headlights just got worse now it is full of condensation and water droplets this seems to be an obvious fault somewhere, the front fog lights also do not work which is not such a big problem but you would expect them to work for people to see you on a foggy day, and now we come to the bonnet of the car which looks like it has been pelted by stone chippings where we also noticed on the first day of bringing the car home there is a nice noticeable rust spot on the bonnet from where a stone has hit it from the previous owner (whoever that was) my mum paid for the paint protection package which was £199 which is supposed to protect the paint work but seeing this rust spot is just nasty and the car is only 2 years old, other point to make out the cup holder that is not working and now for the classic having the car 4 days things went wrong the warning lights start flashing I try to unlock the car with the remote key in total 6 times to try open the thing, what do I get to my surprise dead battery the car does not want to start, after phoning Liverpool Seat up and telling them that we were not going to pay out more money to have the car towed to their garage they sent the AA out to us to give the battery a boost, he said it is possible that the car being in a garage since October could of done this. Now this car my mum is happy with it she loves it but she wants these problems fixed, the car is being picked up on wednesday morning as my mum is working I am working and my dad is working, we talked to clair at the service department who said "oh yeah they will have to photograph the headlights so we make sure you dont get charged if they need replacing" erm I should think not as seeing as this car was bought on HP using Seat Finance my mum still can cancel if she so chooses to do so, also having that in mind the car also has a one year warranty also know as the Seat Approved Guarantee- All Component Cover, all we wnat is this car fixed and the paintwork sorted out, this should of been done when it was going through the 200 point check you guys do before you handed the car over to us, so please Liverpool Seat get the car fixed up right for my mum then she will be extreamly pleased after all she is paying good money for it.

mardon

Feel the DIFFerence
Sep 22, 2008
A bean bag
To be fair this could happen to any car at any garage. I'm sure they will do their best to sort it out.

My current Cupra mk4 sometimes mists up as do many on this site. It is a common problem.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.