Liverpool SEAT

mart280

To be fair this could happen to any car at any garage. I'm sure they will do their best to sort it out.

My current Cupra mk4 sometimes mists up as do many on this site. It is a common problem.

I hope so, you just dont expect so many things to be wrong with it all at the same time, true they aint big problems but they are problems none the less, we have only had the car just on 2 weeks now so really I do think that it should be done free of charge as they were problems they were aware of from before and on the day of collection, thanks for the advice anyways.

mart280

To be fair this could happen to any car at any garage. I'm sure they will do their best to sort it out.

My current Cupra mk4 sometimes mists up as do many on this site. It is a common problem.

I hope so, you just dont expect so many things to be wrong with it all at the same time, true they aint big problems but they are problems none the less, we have only had the car just on 2 weeks now so really I do think that it should be done free of charge as they were problems they were aware of from before and on the day of collection, having said all this about the problems it has, it is one heck of a beautiful car, it glides along when driving it, it's comfortable to sit in, it is amazingly responsive and it also turns a few heads, like I say if Liverpool Seat fix these problems then we will be all round happy and then there will be plenty of good reviews for them. Please Liverpool Seat sort the problems out with this car, many thanks. And thanks for the advice mardon.

PhilYerBoots

Jan 1, 2008
I've booked my Leon in for its 2nd year service, just before xmas after payday !
Was told to get a price and ring them back and they'd beat it...which they did to be fair.

Also had mine serviced at Liverpool last year and can recommend them.

##UPDATE##

Oh dear...where do I start..?...apologies if this gets a bit boring but here is an account of my latest dealings with Liverpool Seat...

When I booked the service I was told servicing was done on a 'first come first served' basis so that the earlier the car is dropped off the sooner it will be ready to collect.

Anyway the car was booked in for its 2nd year service yesterday and I dropped it off just before they open at around 8:25am, handing the keys to Claire on reception, who promised to call when it was ready.

Having heard nothing by around 1pm and needing the car back by at least 3:30-4pm, I rang the dealer but was told Claire was busy and would call back. No callback so I tried again at 2pm, spoke to Claire but despite her putting me on hold for 5 mins to speak to the techs to get an ETA she could still not give me any idea when the car would be finished, but apparently they were in the process of changing the oil. Claire agreed to callback again with an ETA when they had a better idea.

By this stage it was no surprise the callback never came so after trying twice I managed to speak to Claire again, explaining my lift back to the dealer had to leave work at 3pm and would the car be ready by then. She advised me it shouldn't be much longer but again couldn't be more specific, adding that "..there could be delays if something else went wrong.." to which she quickly added "..not that anything HAS gone wrong..", which obviously made alarm bells ring..!
I told her I was leaving now and coming to collect my car.

Arriving at the dealer around 3:15pm I noticed the car was parked in the customer bays, which raised my spirits slightly, thinking the car was finished and ready to collect (albeit still dirty and not washed like they normally do..)
I was left to wait for 5 mins before Claire appeared giving my name saying I was here to collect my car. She said she would see if it was ready, left me in the waiting area and disappeared for another 10 mins.

I was gradually getting more p**sed off with the service (or lack of it) that I was receiving so decided to check the car over, realising as I walked over to it that it was still parked in the same bay and position I had left it earlier and clearly had not been moved let alone serviced.

That was the final straw as far as I was concerned so I returned to the unattended service desk waiting to see the service manager. After a few minutes Barry turned up with my paperwork confirming the car was not 'ready' and that they needed another 90 mins to finish it. When I pointed out the car had not even been moved and started, let alone finished, he apologised saying there had been some mis-communication between Claire and the techs and that the info' she had given me was wrong.

I asked why the car had been sitting there all day despite the early drop-off but Barry simply apologised and offered a courtesy car if I left mine with them to service, calling me Mr Bayliss (instead of Bailey) 3 times despite correcting him - that put the icing on the p**sed off cake really..!
I asked for the keys back saying "..I'm taking my car now and getting it serviced elsewhere thanks very much..".
Barry again apologised and asked Mr. Bayliss (whoever he is..) to rebook in the new year asking for him as he would give a discount...

Anyway..I feel much better for getting that off my chest and today am feeling more disappointed than p**sed off as having received spot-on customer service last year, Liverpool Seat have now been relegated in the list of dealers I would choose to pay my hard-earned cash too.
Unfortunately I have lost confidence in trusting them with my car having basically been lied to and fobbed off with promises of callbacks and ultimately a service that never happened.

I see there is a new Chester dealer opening in January so may try them out to rebook my aborted service...

Time to drown my sorrows and have a few beers for the New Year...:funk:

Last edited:

Gunnie

Sep 9, 2009
Merseyside
Thats not good bud......

Why did she have to lie:censored: I hate liars:censored::censored:

Mines due soon might give Chester ago aswell............

PhilYerBoots

Jan 1, 2008
Yeah I was not impressed Gunnie as you can tell from my lengthy rant..:whistle:

Regardless of the reason I was given duff info' by Claire, if you promise to callback then do it...[:@]

All you want as a customer is honest, and preferably correct, updates when you ask for them, not bull-s**t excuses that just frustrate you even more, regardless of who's responsible for any mistakes...

I'm still deciding whether to bother making a complaint to the dealers, but if liverpoolsteve still reads this thread I'd be interested to hear his comments on what happened.

liverpoolsteve

Apologies

Firstly I would like to apologise on behalf of the company, Barry and myself for the small number of problems that a few of you have experienced with us over the last couple of weeks.

I would like to reassure you that we take your comments very seriously and that you have highlighted a couple of areas where we are falling short.

To this end, Barry will be moving over to our Aftersales operations to ensure that we get back on track as quickly as possible.

In the meantime, if you have any issues, please call either Barry or myself on 0151 243 2100 and we will do our best to resolve them as quickly as possible.

Wishing you all a Happy New Year.

Steve & the Liverpool SEAT team.

microgerry

Apr 11, 2007
Connah's Quay, Flintshire
Just booked mine in for an annual service and MOT with them for next week - then I read this thread. Let's hope they have improved already. Will let all know the outcome - good or bad!
Gerry

PhilYerBoots

Jan 1, 2008
Firstly I would like to apologise on behalf of the company, Barry and myself for the small number of problems that a few of you have experienced with us over the last couple of weeks.

I would like to reassure you that we take your comments very seriously and that you have highlighted a couple of areas where we are falling short.

To this end, Barry will be moving over to our Aftersales operations to ensure that we get back on track as quickly as possible.

In the meantime, if you have any issues, please call either Barry or myself on 0151 243 2100 and we will do our best to resolve them as quickly as possible.

Wishing you all a Happy New Year.

Steve & the Liverpool SEAT team.

Thanks Steve, I appreciate your swift response and the personal apology you sent.
I will be contacting you soon to discuss the matter further.

Phil Bailey.

mart280

Well car has come back fog lights working good stuff, headlights have been photographed and sent to seat uk so hopefully they will replace them considering we have only had the car 2 weeks, bonett still not happy they have just put little blobs of paint in where the stone chippings are and the rust spot is, remember this is only a 2 year old car and should not be like that, anyways have complained that this is unacceptable, have just had a phone call from Barry White who owns Liverpool Seat and he has now promissed us that after christmas that the entire bonett will be re-sprayed which is what we wanted in the first place and that the head light problem will be sorted the same time, so will update in the new year. I do hope that Liverpool Seat come through wih their promise to sort this out?

(This is from my own Liverpool Seat problems before christmas)

(Now here is what is happening present day)

The car was taken by Seat on Friday morning to go and have it's bonnett resprayed and the headlights also to be replaced, we have had a phone call today from Seat to say that the car we be delivered back to us at 2:00pm this afternoon or sometime there after will update you all of the condition of the car and if the work has been carried out I hope it has then I can finally give Seat a thumbs up then hopefully enjoy owning the car. Will be back as soon as to let you all know the outcome.

mart280

Ok to all who have been reading this final update, I am now going to recommend Liverpool Seat for Sales and Aftercare. Firstly I want to say a big thank you to the team at Liverpool Seat, Steve thanks for your quick reply and taking an interest in what the situation was and for advising to get the bonnet will be resprayed, thanks to the driver who took the rouble to pick the car up and deliver it back to us even in this bad weather, Barry thanks for all the trouble you took to rectify the situation of having the bonnet resprayed and the headlights replaced. I want to say 100% amazing service and aftercare from you guys, a big big thank you to you all in fixing the bonnet and the headlights, this car now looks like it has just left the showroom for it's first run on the roads, really 100% happy with the end result aftercare amazing, communication amazing, car 100% spot on amazing.
I am giving Liverpool Seat 5 gold stars and would now recommend them to anyone and everyone I see. Thanks again and yes we will now be booking it in for it's First Service and MOT in the next 10 months. Thanks again.

PhilYerBoots

Jan 1, 2008
Glad to hear you got your problems sorted to your satisfaction Mart.

I hope to be posting some more positive comments myself about Liverpool Seat as my Leon has been re-booked for its service tomorrow...

PhilYerBoots

Jan 1, 2008
Happy Customer...

I'm glad to be posting some positive comments this time about Liverpool Seat and their aftersales team, who have redeemed themselves as far as I'm concerned.

My Leon's 2nd yr service was rebooked and carried out yesterday without a hitch and this time I can only praise the service I received from Barry, Claire and Tom.
The car was cleaned inside and out and reminded me what colour it was..!

I suppose the bottom line is that mistakes can happen but its how a dealer resolves them that makes the difference in the whole customer experience, encouraging you to return.

:thumbup:

mardon

Feel the DIFFerence
Sep 22, 2008
A bean bag
Exactly and it’s also a perfect example of how websites like these work. Just because a garage may be a main Seat Dealer it does not mean that people should just accept poor or substandard service.

In the current climate it is important that garages (seat, local VW or any for that matter) become complacent as there is always someone else who is willing to do the work or call you back when they say they will or offer a better price.

I’ll be honest Seat Liverpool lost some work from me this week for various reasons which I won’t go into. I haven’t written them off completely and will give them another chance since they have been good to me in the past.

microgerry

Apr 11, 2007
Connah's Quay, Flintshire
I too would like to praise SEAT Liverpool. On Wednesday this week my Leon was booked in for it's annual service and MOT.

Despite the poor weather I drove over from North Wales and dropped the car off at 0845. By 1415 the car was completed to my complete satisfaction.

Excellent service for the second year running!

Gerry

Holy

Mar 31, 2005
My experience with Seat Liverpool started off quite well.

However my last 2 dealings with them have not ended on such a happy note.

I had my cambelt and water pump changed last year. A week later the water warning light came on. I checked the water reservoir to find that it was nearly empty.

I decided to fill it and run the car for a week just to see if it was leaking any water. It was fine which led to the conclusion they actually never filled it up or bled the system properly when changing the water pump.

Got onto them and they offered me a 20% discount on my next service. I thought that was fair enough although an apology would have been nice too.

Brought the car in for its 4 year service and MOT this week and told them I expected the air filter and brake fluid to be changed. They said that it would be part of the 40k service as standard which reassured me.

They never offered to go through the bill when I collected the car, so I did not really have a good look at it until I got home.

It said the pollen filter had been changed, but there was no mention of the air filter. The service book confirmed this with no tick on the air filter, but a written entry had been entered for the pollen filter.

Also I was struggling to work out where the 20% discount had been applied to the invoice. They had said it been applied when I had picked the car up, so I thought nothing of it until closer inspection at home.

I would hope being an accountant that I could work the figures out, but the numbers just do not stack up. With the standard 40k service (£240 incl VAT) you would expect £192 with the 20% discount. However, the 40k service on the invoice worked out at £218.30

I have e-mailed them on both issues and I am waiting for a reply.

Will let you know what happens.

liverpoolsteve

Hi Holy,

Please can you call me at the dealership so that I find out more about your issues and resolve them.

We haven't been able to receive any emails over the last two days as there is a problem with the VWG email server.

Thanks

Steve

Holy

Mar 31, 2005
Spoke to Barry today who explained the following:

The air filter is not part of the 40k service and is an additional charge. According to their records the air filter did not need changing (my service book showed it was last changed in 2007). Which was why I asked for it to be changed as it was getting old even though it may have not needed changing - I wanted it for peace of mind.

I was surprised that the air filter change was not part of the service even though I had been told previously that it was part of the service - it makes you wonder what is actually included in the 40k service to justify the additional cost from the bog standard service. So the lesson here is get it down in writing what is actually included in a service.

The original quote of £240 for the 40k service was apparently the discounted price I was told for using an intermediary. The normal price is more like £260 which when discounted by 20% gives £208 (I paid £218) - so still a slight difference.

I think the story here is a combination of mixed and lack of communication.

While I do not think Seat Liverpool is a bad dealership, I do not think its a particularly good one either compared to others I have experienced.

I was hoping they would redeem themselves after the fiasco of not filling the car properly with coolant after its water pump change, but for me its not quite happened.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.