1. Hi Guest. Booking is now open for our national meet on Sunday 14th July - all SEATs and CUPRAs welcome - we'd love to see you there. - Find out more here
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, stickers are now available from our online store.

Living with the Tarraco for a week on UK roads

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by Syphon, Apr 4, 2019.

1. Syphon

Syphon SCN Admin
    Staff Member

We had early access to a brand new Tarraco with delivery mileage on the clock.

The car was the Tarraco Xcellence First Edition Plus, 2.0 TSI Xcellence 4Drive with 190 PS in Oryx White.

You can read our original review from Spain here.

I had a good chance to put the car through its paces including a 6 hour round trip on the motorway as well as the normal commute, shopping and letting 6 members of my team see what it's like to have 7 adults in the car. There was a bit of squirming in the very back seats as we let the tallest team member sit there. :)

The striking thing for me was how much bigger and higher up the car felt than the Ateca. It felt like it was getting to van height, but didn't look it from the outside.

You wouldn't want large adults in the back two seats for any length of time but for a family who might take extra kids on trips with them or a big family with younger kids who could sit in the back row it would be fine.

Interior quality was great as was the drive. The engine was nice and pokey and on the long distance motorway run with all the technology my foot didn't touch a pedal for a good 1.5 hours straight!

I thought the car was handsome to look at and whilst I originally wasn't a fan of the front when I first saw pictures it has grown on me now.

Pictures below - any questions just ask.

#1 Syphon, Apr 4, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2019
  2. Syphon

Syphon SCN Admin
    Staff Member

3. Syphon

Syphon SCN Admin
    Staff Member

4. Tony Tonic

Tony Tonic Senior Member

Hi thanks for the review, does it feel like a refined car? How is the wind noise, engine noise, tyre noise at higher speeds? Thanks in advance,

5. Syphon

Syphon SCN Admin
    Staff Member

Hi Tony,

It feels very comfortable, especially on the long motorway drive. Nice high up seating position. I didn't notice any wind noise or other noises at high speed above what you'd expect.

You looking to buy one?

Cheers,

Scott

6. Tony Tonic

Tony Tonic Senior Member

Ive got one coming, in about 3/4 weeks from factory. Watched all the reviews and had a long test drive but not particularly at high speeds maybe 10 minutes on the motorway at 60

7. Syphon

Syphon SCN Admin
    Staff Member

Cool. Be sure to let us have your thoughts on the forums and some pictures too :)

8. Tony Tonic

Tony Tonic Senior Member

Yes I’ve already started contributing to the Tarraco forum but it seems very quiet at the moment. Will do!

Syphon likes this.
  9. Syphon

Syphon SCN Admin
    Staff Member

Cool. Yes will be quiet until we get more owners on here. You are pioneering in the community.

10. cupra300uk

cupra300uk Full Member

MPG looks pretty bad haha! My mum is actually looking to replace her 2010 RAV4 but she always asks me to find a large SUV with a low boot so that our dog can easily jump in the boot but most of my suggestions seem to be too high for the dog, how do you reckon this would fare? Also does this only come in a 7 seater in the UK?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Syphon

Syphon SCN Admin
    Staff Member

As far as I'm aware only 7 seater - the seats fold though. I'd imagine a dog could get in ok (depending on size of dog of course!)

cupra300uk likes this.
  12. cupra300uk

cupra300uk Full Member

Thanks will tell her to go and have a test drive of one then!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Syphon likes this.