Loading Pictures

JohnnyMackers

Mar 17, 2016
Very recently a new owner so I've been searching the forum and looking at posts and some of them are a few years old, is there a reason why the pictures dont load up???

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Very recently a new owner so I've been searching the forum and looking at posts and some of them are a few years old, is there a reason why the pictures dont load up???

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
The forum had a big update recently and I think it changed how it did pictures...

But as @Maypack suggests it's more than likely the hosting site has either changed their format (http to https) or just simply remove pictures after a certain time.

You can always try to open the image outside of the forum in case it's to do with how the user put the picture on their post, if you right click on the broken image icon (not the text) and select open in new tab
Greenshot 2018-09-15 10.22.20.png

This may open the picture for you or you will find out it has been removed or the site doesn't exist. I find this useful when people upload pics and they don't quite get the link correct for the forum.

Hope this helps

Reactions: JohnnyMackers

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Do they show a photobucket logo instead? Not sure if they've revoked it. But a while back photobucket just cancelled free image hosting overnight causing pretty much all the images to fail. Luckily I'm ocd so went back through all my old posts and moved them to Imgur instead .

CHR15B

May 5, 2005
Scotland
I think the most likely cause is what Legojon described, not limited to SCN but most car forums online. Photobucket for years were the "go to" photo hosting site and have broken a lot of embedded image links.

Some people (Myself included) have tens of thousands of posts across a variety of forums, it isn't feasible to go through all posts, find images, re-host and update the posts.

Last edited:
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.