Local Meets - North West - let’s get them arranged :)

kiddo

ST Cupra
May 30, 2015
Lancashire
No food for me. Whats the plan timing wise? Are people parking up in the car parks all afternoon or is there a drive planned? I'm prob getting there around 12 ish and prob stay an hour tops due to commitments closer to home.

Deleted member 103408

Everybody has provided food choices so thanks and there are two takers of the famous Devils Arse.
I have spoken to the pub, table for 11 is booked and they will call me on Wednesday just to double check everything.

The pub would prefer we meet in the public car park simply because they have people coming for 12-00 who will want to park there cars.

Re what we are going to do is

1) Meet in one of the public carparks @ arround 11-00 - Anybody worked out which is the biggest (and you will need to have cash)

1b) go oggle at everybody elses car and say how nice the rain looks on the paintwork (Blue MK2 and Red MK3) and ask them to clean your engine bay.

1c) OBD11 Clinic held by Doctor theoldboy and maybe others.

2) Go to the pub for lunch 13-00

3) Go for a convoy drive after lunch - Anybody got preferences on where to go and which way or shall we agree that on the Morning (my preference so we can see what weather is like.

4) in the evening myself and the two guys staying overnight will be going to a pub (I will confirm later which one) and guess what.
We will still be talking about cars.

Anybody else got anything they want to add in to the day.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Jamp94

Deano j1971

Jan 5, 2018
Everybody has provided food choices so thanks and there are two takers of the famous Devils Arse.
I have spoken to the pub, table for 11 is booked and they will call me on Wednesday just to double check everything.

The pub would prefer we meet in the public car park simply because they have people coming for 12-00 who will want to park there cars.

1) Meet in one of the public carparks @ arround 11-00 - Anybody worked out which is the biggest (and you will need to have cash)

3) Go for a convoy drive after lunch - Anybody got preferences on where to go and which way or shall we agree that on the Morning (my preference so we can see what weather is like.

4) in the evening myself and the two guys staying overnight will be going to a pub (I will confirm later which one) and guess what.

Just been looking on google maps and it looks like the biggest car park is called “Peveril castle coach park” which is not very far from the Bulls Head pub. It says on reviews that the ticket machines will only take coins so no card payments. This maybe the place to meet...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front

VCDS mods haha!
Just got my half day holiday booked for Friday so shouldn’t have to disappear.

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
I doubt there's many pubs that want to be associated with a car meet lol it would probably put other people off lol

That car park seems good, is there a website that tells you costings so I know how many pennies I need to bring lol bring your umbrellas.

Thanks for sorting @theoldboy

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Just been looking on google maps and it looks like the biggest car park is called “Peveril castle coach park” which is not very far from the Bulls Head pub. It says on reviews that the ticket machines will only take coins so no card payments. This maybe the place to meet...

The fact its a coach park as well is this a hot spot for some tourist attraction like a castle that I couldnt see on the map lol do we have scn cones so we can block spaces out when the first arrives haha

Bedlam

Feb 26, 2009
North Yorkshire
I doubt there's many pubs that want to be associated with a car meet lol it would probably put other people off lol

That car park seems good, is there a website that tells you costings so I know how many pennies I need to bring lol bring your umbrellas.

Thanks for sorting @theoldboy
https://www.highpeak.gov.uk/article/873/Castleton
Peverill Castle is currently closed to visitors, not clear whether that includes the Car Park

Reactions: Legojon

Deleted member 103408

VCDS mods haha!
Just got my half day holiday booked for Friday so shouldn’t have to disappear.

Original Post has now been updated to include a Doctor's surgery for OBD11, Not sure if @paddy6789 is bringing his VCDS.

If you want any changes from me please let me know in advance and I will try and find the coding.

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Original Post has now been updated to include a Doctor's surgery for OBD11, Not sure if @paddy6789 is bringing his VCDS.

If you want any changes from me please let me know in advance and I will try and find the coding.
Please :)
Traffic sign recognition turned back off.
Door lights turned back to standard (not red all the time).
Thank you :)

Deano j1971

Jan 5, 2018
Please :)
Traffic sign recognition turned back off.
Door lights turned back to standard (not red all the time).
Thank you :)

Please
Turn off stop/start
Drivers mirror tilt when reverse.
Thank you.

Deleted member 103408

@Jimbobcook I can only do stage 2+ I am afraid and you will need to have the big exhaust fitted first.......

I will bring my spare sps switch along so you can pretend to have this if that helps.

Reactions: Damo H

Deleted member 103408

My suggestion is the main carpark in Castleton.

I have spoken to the Council and the car park is open.
The parking fee is £3-40 (no change, no notes, no cards) for 3 - 4 hours stay and there are 133 spaces, it may be busy if the weather is good as its prime walking country (extra points for running them over).

Address is Cross Street, Castleton, Hope Valley, Derbyshire, S33 8WH

Meet at 11-00 am on Saturday 13th October 2018 and bring coat and brolly and or car cleaning kit :)

For those eating the bulls head is two minute walk up cross street.

carpark.jpg

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Bring your umbrellas lol looks like cleaning the car is going to be a miss... It's raining here from Thursday onwards

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
I’m keeping an eye on the weather and it looks like we will be in for Gusty wind and Heavy rain showers. Just like a normal day in Cumbria.

Looks like most of the chat might be pub based unless the weather improves. Or we could all stand under @Jimbobcook umbrella.

There might be the start of a merchandise line of SCN umbrellas. The weather in this country dictates we would all need/want one

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.