Anjuna Monkey
Mar 15, 2008
Dudley
Hi guys

Ive recently purchased a mk2

Anyway I'm having some locking/alarm issues:

1. If the key isnt put in the barrel straight away the alarm will sound

2. The unlock buttons on the center console seem temperamental

3. My flip key from my Ibiza mk4 won't sync to the car. I have no idea if the remote locking works as my original remote key is broken

I may have already answered my own question but i'm guessing this is something to do with the central locking module? I'm really hoping not as i'm guessing this is an expensive repair

I have used the search but havent found much on people who have all 3 issues

Many thanks

J400uk

Jan 7, 2010
London, UK
In answer to question 1 this is normal behaviour if you're using the non-flip key. Not sure on others. I'd suggest buying a new remote key and scanning the car for any errors with VCDS beforehand.

MJ

Public transport abuser
Apr 22, 2008
Manchester
m.facebook.com
1. Normal (as above).

2. Probably wants a switch, I've replaced a fair few! Does it have a picture of a key on the switch or a locked and unlocked padlock? If it's not the latter I'd replace it anyway as the key ones (early version) were prone to failure.

3. Ibiza key is incompatible with the mk2 Leon.

stezo2k

Anjuna Monkey
Mar 15, 2008
Dudley
In answer to question 1 this is normal behaviour if you're using the non-flip key. Not sure on others. I'd suggest buying a new remote key and scanning the car for any errors with VCDS beforehand.

I am using the original flip key but the remote part is completely nackered. May explain it. Cheers

1. Normal (as above).

2. Probably wants a switch, I've replaced a fair few! Does it have a picture of a key on the switch or a locked and unlocked padlock? If it's not the latter I'd replace it anyway as the key ones (early version) were prone to failure.

3. Ibiza key is incompatible with the mk2 Leon.

I really hope it's a switch pal. I'm pretty sure it's a key on the button

3. Is that 100%? The original key looks identical to my Ibiza one I made (3 button)

Many thanks guys

stezo2k

Anjuna Monkey
Mar 15, 2008
Dudley
Thanks buddy, i'll trust your judgement :) shame as the boards inside do look the same

Ah well, another key to buy haha

stezo2k

Anjuna Monkey
Mar 15, 2008
Dudley
My new replacement key arrived yesterday. Bought exactly the same model code as my broken original

Sadly it just refuses to sync up using the turning the key and pressing the unlock method. Tried it several times now

Hope I can resolve this soon :/

stezo2k

Anjuna Monkey
Mar 15, 2008
Dudley
Just want to thank everybody for their help :)

Got it fixed today, turns out that it had to be programmed in using VCDS like it was said

Anyhow I thought I'd reply just in case anybody else has the same issue

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise