Locking Wheel Nut Help!!!!

Mikecarney09

Hey I’ve snapped my locking wheel nut key and seat cannot supply me a new one as although it is a seat set it’s not the original seat set.

Can anybody suggest how to remove the locking nuts? I’ve tried the LASER locking nut removal tool from Halfords but although it will fit the bolt it’s too big to fit in the mould of my ANDROMEDA 18s. I hear you can drill them out but I see that as a last resort!

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks Mike

Donnyboy

The Candy Man
Mar 15, 2005
renfrewshire
Get a tork bit thats bigger than the center hole, but not too bit that it with split the nut. Hammer it into the hole, then loosen. I did this with a Peugeot locker, but had to drill a hole in it first. ;)

TimSawf

Jun 26, 2011
South Manchester
There appear to be 3 different designs of locking wheel nut and each one has numerous locking patterns. Each design seems to be identified by a code, mine is stamped on the end of the nut.

The codes are :
0 - 9
051 - 057 & 060 - 062
Letters of the alphabet except I, K, O, U & Y

If you find the code, the dealer should be able to get a replacement.

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
When you say you've snapped the locking wheel nut key do you mean that it is totally buggered or have you just rounded it off and it slips rather than gripping the wheel bolt? If so I can help you out with an idea that I had. My key was rounded off and I got all 4 of mine off.

You need a spider wheel brace like this clicky , a brick wall and a person to help you. You park the car side on about 2 feet away form the wall, fit the wheel brace and get your helper to drive the car very slowly and creep along whilst getting closer to the wall. Eventually the wheel brace will become jammed between the wheel bolt and the wall. It will be held there with the full weight of the car. If the wheel brace slips off now you will have damaged the wall :)

Last edited:

calvR

Oct 21, 2011
Kent
If u have aa membership they should get them undone. A friend of mine has done it.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.