Long term ownership

Vidal Baboon

Bit of an odd thread, but seeing as the Cupra is a keeper, i'd like to ensure it'll keep running well for the next 150,000 odd miles.

The car is running a stage 1 map, so I've increased the frequency of servicing to suit.
My old Mercedes 190 Cosworth had oil services at 6k intervals & it ran like new even at 206,000miles.

So far I've managed to glean from the FAQ page, there are a few problems/issues with the Mk2.

Bucket wear on HPFP, how often to check for wear?
Is there an updated Bucket that can be fitted?

DPF Valve?
Keep reading snippets from other threads about updated versions. Is it worth fitting it? What does it do

Catch Can- worth the money in the long run?

I'm doing oil changes at 6,000mile intervals- which oil should I be looking at?
Is it the same story with the old VAG Diesels which need specific oil?

With regards to the stereo, I feel it's one of the biggest let downs of the car.
Is it worth replacing the speakers, does it make that much of a difference?

Are there any other quirks I should be looking at to keep it in tip top condition?

Thanks in advance.

Mr. Baboon

chrisboyle999

MFD3 for sale, inbox me.
Nov 28, 2006
Geordieland
Bit of an odd thread, but seeing as the Cupra is a keeper, i'd like to ensure it'll keep running well for the next 150,000 odd miles.

The car is running a stage 1 map, so I've increased the frequency of servicing to suit.
My old Mercedes 190 Cosworth had oil services at 6k intervals & it ran like new even at 206,000miles.

So far I've managed to glean from the FAQ page, there are a few problems/issues with the Mk2.

Bucket wear on HPFP, how often to check for wear?
Is there an updated Bucket that can be fitted?

DPF Valve?
Keep reading snippets from other threads about updated versions. Is it worth fitting it? What does it do

Catch Can- worth the money in the long run?

I'm doing oil changes at 6,000mile intervals- which oil should I be looking at?
Is it the same story with the old VAG Diesels which need specific oil?

With regards to the stereo, I feel it's one of the biggest let downs of the car.
Is it worth replacing the speakers, does it make that much of a difference?

Are there any other quirks I should be looking at to keep it in tip top condition?

Thanks in advance.

Mr. Baboon

dont worry about this, you dont have one.

cam follower should be checked on a milage basis as oppose to calender. every 10-12K ish.

catch can is a new addition so no one has really had it long enough to be able to give facts, however, its not going to do any harm is it, and without theres images of manky valves kicking about on tinternet.

speakers, thats your choice.

kingkongsfinger

Feb 16, 2005
Bolton
Mines just done 50 K in just less than 2 years, normal service intervals and gets "ragged" as its a company car, still going strong.:D

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise