Longlife Exhausts - OMG! Nasty!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
Had the urge to replace the front pipe on my Miltek on ickle Ibiza...
Simple job... straight and a couple of bends... to join the rear box.

Longlife (Powerflow) locally make all sorts of *cough* maxP Nova's, Clio's etc,.,...

Got all the right kit, benders, mandrel expanders, swagers etc... Do they have the ability?

Nope!

What a waste of time and money for them to cobble this front section for me. 3 return journeys to stop the rattle(which is why I was doing it in the first place). Bodge it and scarper! Space, this, pack that, cut this.... (support bracket).... No fecking way hosay! Make the damned pipe properly so you don't have to bodge everything else...

My advise.. stay well away from these cowboys...

Ended up fixing it myself... and telling them what to do to fix it... which it did, but its still a bodge which won't be staying on my car.

Grrrrrrr :devil:

brett

mk2 Golf 16v.
Oct 29, 2003
NW
Bill...... hehe .. join forces with them ... you will become ...

BODGER & BADGER :D

b.

ibizacupra

Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
Originally posted by ibiza-2016-brt
Bill...... hehe .. join forces with them ... you will become ...

b.

LOL... not a snowballs chance in ****

Me no Bodging Badger.... :) I have stds unlike them. :rolleyes:

What a shame... they have got all the kit, but have'nt the skills or aptitude to use it properly.... DOH!

brett

mk2 Golf 16v.
Oct 29, 2003
NW
mark....we dont need to know what people call you mate. We are trying to slate those co's ... :D

he he ..

Kris

ESTATE! I'm Getting Old!
Nov 21, 2003
North Essex
Visit site
I got a whole system for my 20vt leon done at Car World (powerflow)
and i'm well pleased! sounds the nutts! and no knocks at all.

It sounds like you've had **** luck!

RadCordy

Aug 2, 2002
Visit site
Yeah my powerflows have been fine but my cordoba one knocks like **** on right hand bends! By me Longlife and powerflow are 2 completely different franchises aswell! Longlife is in walsall and powerflow is in stafford!

Garth

Back in the S!
Mar 5, 2003
Newcastle
Visit site
I had a powerflow exhaust on my previous car and while the fit was spot-on, the quality of the "stainless steel" was shite! It rusted to hell in a couple of months. It also sounded like a rally car despite me asking for a quiet exhaust. It annoyed me so much that I replaced it after 6 months with a kwik fit exhaust!!

ibizacupra

Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
Here lyeth the problem.... One name, many franchises, many variations on staff and ability.

It sux tho. Never again.

Bill

Last edited:

RadCordy

Aug 2, 2002
Visit site
I've taken a look at mine. The boxes are shiny like new but the pipes joining the boxes are horrendous! They look seriously corroded! Good job its got a lifetime warranty!

CupraR-Rog

Just Cruising...
Jul 19, 2003
West Somerset
Visit site
Hmmm... I was thinking about giving the Longlife Exhausts place here in Cardiff a go in about 100 years time, when I'm ready to get an exhaust for my LCR...

Oh well, maybe I'll get a PECO backbox from Halfords instead...

So, Bill, was it Longlife or Powerflow, as AFAIK, they're 2 seperate companies / franchises?

ibizacupra

Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
Originally posted by CupraR-Rog
Hmmm... I was thinking about giving the Longlife Exhausts place here in Cardiff a go in about 100 years time, when I'm ready to get an exhaust for my LCR...

Oh well, maybe I'll get a PECO backbox from Halfords instead...

So, Bill, was it Longlife or Powerflow, as AFAIK, they're 2 seperate companies / franchises?

Longlife, but the pictures in the many albums they had of installs showed Powerflow exhaust boxes in them...

One name, many franchises, and much variation of abilities and competance (or in....)

CupraR-Rog

Just Cruising...
Jul 19, 2003
West Somerset
Visit site
Oh well...

Maybe I'll make my own exhaust out of some scaffolding, and a PECO back box then. What do you recon??

No??

OK then :(

Seems strange why a franchise with such a big name, would allow such shoddy works from its franchisee's - bearing in mind word of mouth is the best advertising... and bet way to destroy a business!

ibizacupra

Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
Originally posted by CupraR-Rog
Oh well...

Maybe I'll make my own exhaust out of some scaffolding, and a PECO back box then. What do you recon??

No??

OK then :(

Seems strange why a franchise with such a big name, would allow such shoddy works from its franchisee's - bearing in mind word of mouth is the best advertising... and bet way to destroy a business!

Well there you go....
Bad day, stroppy fitter, but on the same day soem lads enjoyed their 6" pipes on their 1.2 Clio and Ford Focus.... :rolleyes:

Very MaxP - and not my thing.
Form over function aint my thing.

Shame as they're very local to me and I have other projects which I could have used them on, but won't now.

WeeJase

pert
Jun 2, 2001
ask em if you can use there tools bill,stroppy fitter can sit on his arse while you do a proper job;)

ibizacupra

Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
Originally posted by jason
ask em if you can use there tools bill,stroppy fitter can sit on his arse while you do a proper job;)

Stroppy fitter was close to getting 2.5" bore pipe shoved where the sun don't shine.... Cut bits off my car cos he can;t bend for toffee - I think NOT!

Bodge Tastic.. :sick:

WeeJase

pert
Jun 2, 2001
been there mate,guy was hanging off my ibiza trying to fit a centre pipe,made everyone in the fitting centre jump when i shouted at him.
tw4t:devil:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.