Looking at MK2 Leon 2.0 TSI FR

GSL

Feb 27, 2016
Hello,

Apologies if this is in the wrong section.

I joined this a while back when I had an Ibiza, but have since moved on and am currently in a MK7 golf R. I'm getting a bit fed up of having car payments every month, so have had a look at what's out there and the MK2 leon FR is shockingly affordable (about 4k for a facelift model). Very decent considering it shares a lot of components with the golf GTI of the era. Just got a few questions for any owners on here. Have searched the forum but getting slightly inconsistent answers.

One thing I wouldn't want to give up is bluetooth music streaming/calling with steering wheel controls. I know that some don't have this from factory, has anyone got a cheap solution for this with the standard headunit?
How is the ride quality? I do a lot of motorway driving so it needs to be decent over long distances on poor roads.
Anyone tuned theirs? How is the wheelspin? Or even in stock form, is the wheelspin bad in the wet?

Appreciate any input, thanks :)

R3k1355

Oct 30, 2014
Yorkshire
It shares the headunit and stuff with the Mk6 Golf, the cheapo headunit might not be great but the RNS-315 is pretty decent.
Ride is fine on the motorway.

Wheelspin isn't chronic, it depends alot on the tyres, alignment and the driver.

GSL

Feb 27, 2016
It shares the headunit and stuff with the Mk6 Golf, the cheapo headunit might not be great but the RNS-315 is pretty decent.
Ride is fine on the motorway.

Wheelspin isn't chronic, it depends alot on the tyres, alignment and the driver.
Thanks for the reply, looks like that rns-315 is about 250 on ebay, don't imagine fitting would cost that much either. The reason I ask about wheelspin is my previous polo gti with 192 hp would be totally useless in 1st/2nd in the wet. Kind of miss the excitement though... Thanks again :)

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
I had the diesel version. At stage 1 it handled really well even in the wet. Some wheel spin if you floored it. But it's mostly about learning how much throttle to apply. Was really comfortable. Handling can be vastly improved with a few choice upgrades.

I'd highly recommend updated roll bars for it. Check out my fr readers ride to see what I did to mine.
https://forums.seatcupra.net/index....ack-newb-with-no-mechanical-knowledge.421491/

Reactions: GSL

GSL

Feb 27, 2016
I had the diesel version. At stage 1 it handled really well even in the wet. Some wheel spin if you floored it. But it's mostly about learning how much throttle to apply. Was really comfortable. Handling can be vastly improved with a few choice upgrades.

I'd highly recommend updated roll bars for it. Check out my fr readers ride to see what I did to mine.
https://forums.seatcupra.net/index....ack-newb-with-no-mechanical-knowledge.421491/
Very nice car mate. Cheers for the reply :)

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.