Looking for an exeo saloon

PeeJay

Jan 22, 2014
I think they look pretty brilliant -

2013-Skoda-Octavia-vRS-Estate-Side-carwitter.jpg

oct_vrs_e_gallery2_201407221708.jpg

I hope I don't get too flamed for saying, I think the Exeo isn't a perfect job, if I was being cruel I'd say it looks like an Audi that's crashed into a Leon - a bit like the last of the MG saloons, you can see the bits the original designer did and the bits the guy whose job it was to make it look like a Seat did - the facelift grill is much nicer though, it's top of my shopping list when I've got some spare cash.

cliveseat

May 15, 2008
West Yorks
Some interesting points raised here. Don't see the new Toledo as a replacement for the Exeo in any way at all. It's ugly and gawky compared to the Mk2 (the Exeo replaced a V5 - now there's another under-rated car) and not a patch on the Exeo's quality. And it's smaller, although about the same on interior space. They're already popular on the local minicab market, I notice, along with the identical Skoda Rapid so read what you will into that.
The new Leon's a terrific thing too, but a size down again, so Seat seem to have decided there's no place for a sports saloon in their range. Shame, but the Exeo never sold in large numbers anyway and since they're not making any more, it'll always remain a bit under the radar.
Everyone who's worked on or travelled in mine has praised it to the skies, even though it's only a humble 143.

Sausageinabun

Jul 5, 2014
Manchester
I get a lot of people praising the looks of mine, and then remarking that they have never seen one before. Those that have travelled in it love it.

Sadly Seat sold less than six thousand of them in the UK so they are a fairly rare sight on our roads, although having said that, now I have one, I do spot the odd one here and there.

If they ever do decide to bring out a replacement sport saloon, wether Audi derived or not, I'd be interested purely by view of the fact that Seat have traditionally always given VFM, and my last three cars have all been Seats for that very reason.

I'm not writing off the Octavia as a potential future replacement either, but they are almost as expensive as an equivalant Audi from what I have seen. Which is not a bad thing given that I can still remember the joke value that the name Skoda had back in the day.

As I've already stated, I'll be keeping this one until the mileage is up at about the 65-75k mark, which should be in about three to three and a half years, then I'll see what is available then, who knows, I might find a nice looking 13 plate Exeo with low ish mileagage that catches my eye and needs a loving home.

In the meantime, I'll continue to enjoy the one I have, smug in the certain knowledge that I have a great car for the money I paid :D

Last edited:

cliveseat

May 15, 2008
West Yorks
70k service today. Sailed through. Will need new front tyres for MoT in November, which I'd anticipated. Starting the search now, as the Exeo is so tyre-sensitive because of the Sport suspension and big wheels. Had rubbish rubber when it came to me, which destroyed the ride. The Falkens it's on now, while addressing most of the those issues, haven't lasted much beyond 10k by my reckoning. Will search elsewhere, but anybody know of cracking deals on quality tyres just now?

Sausageinabun

Jul 5, 2014
Manchester
Well done on the clean bill of health!

Mine will also need new tyres before the end of the year for certain. I have the Bridgestone Potenzas on there at the moment, and they grip very well, and are not particularly noisy either. I find the ride, for a sport, to be very good, not in the least crashy as some S badged cars can be.

I've found a place 1/2 a mile from work that are willing to do me a deal on a full set, with fitting and balancing, so I'll be replacing them with the same.

10k is very poor for a new tyre. I'd be changing them every nine months!!

Jan 24, 2011
Well I've calculated 47.5mpg on both my full tanks so far. A lot better than the trip computer says which indicates 40 at best. I took the car to 617 miles before filling last time at which point it said I had 50 miles left and I only got 59.5 litres in. So in reality I could have had another 100? I'm on 310 and haven't hit half a tank mark yet so doing better this time around.

They seem to do better mpg at 80 than they do at 70 in 6th which I found odd.

Last edited:

Sausageinabun

Jul 5, 2014
Manchester
Anything new soon becomes the norm as you get used to it.

I'm 'lucky' enought to have a long daily commute to work and back, during which I can enjoy mine to the max :)

Jan 24, 2011
Yeah my commute is 41 miles each way, mostly a34 and m4, the rest is driving through villages. I do enjoy booting it down slip roads and on some of the country straights. However I'm used to the power now and I hardly notice it :D Still love the car though. Awesome interior.

Jan 24, 2011
Just whacked a load of valid mp3s onto an SD card, arranged them in folders by artist and put it in the car. Only about half of them play. Sometimes when I select a track it tries to play it then jumps to a totally different artist and plays one from there! Hilariously bad implementation :D

Jan 24, 2011
It's a new sdhc 16gb card. I reckon the file is corrupt or something. I'm getting used to the system now, although a lack of pause and the incredibly slow rewind is slightly annoying. Sound quality is much better though :)

Can you use voice commands for music or only phone? I haven't worked out what you have to say to it either way :D

Sausageinabun

Jul 5, 2014
Manchester
Voice is only for phone I'm afraid.

I commute 68 miles a day there and back, but I tend to listen to Podcasts more than music.

However when I do listen to music the quality is excellent through the car.

Mine is just an S but it does have speakers in the rear doors, however not Bose so I've no idea what is in there without opening it up.

Jan 24, 2011
Bang on 47.5mpg again for this tank. Could be worse. Still enjoying the car :) Incredibly comfortable on the long haul.

Sausageinabun

Jul 5, 2014
Manchester
I've just returned from a weeks break up on the Isle of Skye. I drove just over 1000 miles all told, at 42.2 MPG. Slightly down on the norm however a lot of the driving on the Isle was in 4/5th gear at about the 40 mph stuck behind some motorhome or caravan :(

LeonCR

Oct 22, 2009
I regularly get over 60 mpg in my 143, but then mine is used mainly on the motorway

Jan 24, 2011
I regularly get over 60 mpg in my 143, but then mine is used mainly on the motorway
That's very impressive. I wonder if my remap has made mine worse. I usually fill up at 600 with the fuel light on and usually get 58 litres in. I guess that leaves 12 left but the trip computer says 65 ish miles left.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.