Looking for cracked breather pipe?

MartIbiza

Dec 10, 2006
Just read through previous thread about not getting the right mpg. I put 20 quid in the car yesterday and it showed just over 3/4 of a tank full. Only driven about 30 mile since yesterday and now i showing just over half a tank. Wondered if it was the guage but dont seem to be and wondered if it might be a cracked breather pipe. But does anyone know where i should be lloking for this as i don't have much of an idea? Cheers

MartIbiza

Dec 10, 2006
!

Thanks a lot for that cus checked the pipe and its cracked at the base near the engine block. Any ideas how much the pipe is?

Sep 20, 2006
Birmingham
Just read through previous thread about not getting the right mpg. I put 20 quid in the car yesterday and it showed just over 3/4 of a tank full. Only driven about 30 mile since yesterday and now i showing just over half a tank. Wondered if it was the guage but dont seem to be and wondered if it might be a cracked breather pipe. But does anyone know where i should be lloking for this as i don't have much of an idea? Cheers

Also another point. £20 wont get you 3/4 of a tank full. It shows it initially but will drop to the correct level quickly. Especially with the fuel prices at the moment.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members