Looking for help with Fuse Box Diagram Ibiza FR 2014

geth18

Feb 14, 2016
Hi guys,
I'm looking for a diagram/ layout for the fuse box in SEAT Ibiza FR Edition 1.4 TSI ACT.
Just looking piggyback off a fuse thats not to important for a dash cam

Cheers

p.s. theres no digram on the cover or in the manual :(

Last edited:

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
Look on Google, I got one for an early 6R Polo there, same car but chop the two most RH fuses off that diagram and renumber accordingly.

Edit:- or, as it is a later car, can you confirm that there are a mixture of MINI, ATO and JCASE fuses arranged in two rows (ATO and JCASE) and three rows at the LH side of MINI?

Last edited:

Driver

Oct 9, 2016
UK
I am not allowed to post images yet. But it has 3 rows of MINI on the left hand side, and 2 rows of regular (ATO) on the right hand side.

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
I am not allowed to post images yet. But it has 3 rows of MINI on the left hand side, and 2 rows of regular (ATO) on the right hand side.

Okay, I'm thinking that that is SEAT's earlier version of 6J fuse box, so:- MINI, reading left to right, top row is 1 > 8, reading left to right, middle row is 9 > 16, reading left to right, bottom row is 17 > 24. ATO, reading left to right, top row is 25 > 41, reading left to right, bottom row is 42 > 58.

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
Ah, I assumed that you had the owner's handbook which describes the contents of the fuse boxes, but does not say which is which - PM me a contact email address and I'll pass you a word doc which I compiled from info collected.

Driver

Oct 9, 2016
UK
I have the owner's handbook, but it doesn't have any information about the fuse boxes.

Last edited:

Driver

Oct 9, 2016
UK
The owner's manual for my car states that "at the time of printing this manual it is not possible to provide an up-to-date summary of the electrical components fuse positions. For detailed information about the fuse positions, please consult a Technical Service."

Driver

Oct 9, 2016
UK
That's a shame they haven't provided the information about fuse diagram, as I had a problem with 12V socket not working and had to take it to the dealer. It turned out it was just the fuse that had blown, thankfully I got it sorted under warranty. They'll probably start charging for changing the fuses once the warranty runs out.

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
What is wrong with these people that write these handbooks? (that should read, "sell these cars"

My wife has an August 2015 Polo, and after chasing around trying to find out which fuse did what on my daughter's late 2009 Ibiza to try and sort out an issue with it, I thought that I'd be smart and make a similar list up for her Polo - wrong, not possible, a total of 31 unlisted fuses - and that owner's handbook offers a similar solution!!!

This is wrong wrong wrong, maybe buy some time on the official dealer's resource and print off some electrical schematics, though I think when VAG dealers look for these they need to input the vehicle VIN because there are so many versions!

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
I've not used these resources yet, but try Googling Erwin and Elsawin, I think that on at least one of them you as an individual can create an account and buy access time which would allow you to maybe print off info for future use.

Driver

Oct 9, 2016
UK
Thanks for the suggestion. I don't have that urgent a need to justify paying for the information that should have been freely included in the owner's manual by the manufacturer. I'll try intense googling to see if it's out there on the net :)

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
Well, when I get some time, or get bored, I'll be dropping into my local VW dealer to plague them for all the info I am missing from the handbook, you should do the same!

Make up a Word doc with all the fuse locations and their present fuse size/value, then get them to add in a brief description of each fuses function.

Driver

Oct 9, 2016
UK
That sounds like a good idea. I am going to message the local dealer to see if I get somewhere.

Driver

Oct 9, 2016
UK
As I am no longer a newbie now, here is an image of what the fuse compartment looks like:

29734797554_fdc1b32092_m.jpg

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
So that ties in with what I wrote some time ago, my daughter's late 2009 Ibiza is away at the dealers for further investigation into its problem with draining battery which they sored for me about 3 months ago - and all the stuff I wrote up is in the boot, if you PM me an email address for you I can send the Word docs that I made up with what was in the handbook as some of it will still be relevant seeing as SEAT has not bothered to "take on" the later fuse box from the Polo 6R 6C!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.