looking for info - Polo GTi suspension

NickyJam

FR - gone, not forgotten
Mar 17, 2008
SW LONDON
don't worry, this isn't a coilover question and I have searched

just wondering if anyone here knows if the Polo GTi springs and shocks setup will fit the Ibiza? asking this because I drove past a guy (not from this forum) who had his FR TDi running on Polo GTi setup and looked just right...and before I go ahead and get deep into this I just wanted to run a check to see which setup he was on about? (guessing it would be the most recent Polo model)

NickyJam

FR - gone, not forgotten
Mar 17, 2008
SW LONDON
have heard it looks really good with the polo gti shocks and springs

anyone know the model of polo that would match the mk4 ibiza>?

that's exactly what i'm trying to find out...dunno which model and if it's front and rear or mixed as with the older Polo GTi's

my gf's looking to get one for the time being so will get a pic of the two against each other once that's done to see ride-height differences

R1ch85

1/4mile - 13.935 @ 100.54
Nov 9, 2006
Bristol
9n3 is the new Polo with the GTI option isn't it?

well I first thought it was the 6n2 version, but I edited my previous post to show 9n after consulting wikipedia. I have a haynes manual for the corresponding polo to ibiza's, I just haven't got round to looking at it. I'll have to look tomorrow and repost again.

knight85

Money spending clown
Dec 30, 2008
South East
ok that would be great....might be an an option if i see someone flogging a set or if im lucky from a scrapper....

off topic....R1ch85....where did you get your seat sport number plate surrounds? the ones i have found have the seat sport bit but also an R logo...

NickyJam

FR - gone, not forgotten
Mar 17, 2008
SW LONDON
well I first thought it was the 6n2 version, but I edited my previous post to show 9n after consulting wikipedia. I have a haynes manual for the corresponding polo to ibiza's, I just haven't got round to looking at it. I'll have to look tomorrow and repost again.

cheers mate...all I know if the Polo's have always sat lower due to the lighter engines, and the ride height is perfect in my vue for the Ibiza with 17's

knight85

Money spending clown
Dec 30, 2008
South East
i think it is the 9n3...for the facelift versions of the mk4...but dont hold me too it...

would love to get a full set of gti suspension..as nickyjam says it would sit great on the 17"

Ric 2001

Need an ID-ten-T form
A04 (PQ24)
A04 platform cars, now officially referred to as the PQ24 platform:

Škoda Fabia Mk1 (Typ 6Y, 1999-2007)
Volkswagen Polo Mk4 (Typ 9N, 2001-on)
SEAT Ibiza Mk3 (Typ 6L, 2002-2008) (technically the uk's mk4)
SEAT Córdoba Mk2 (Typ 6L, 2002-2006)
Volkswagen Fox (Typ 5Z, 2004-on)
Škoda Fabia Mk2 (Typ 5J, 2007-on)
Volkswagen Gol Mk5 (2008-present)

9N3 is still the same platform it was just new headlights, taillights and a different hatch.

Last edited:

NickyJam

FR - gone, not forgotten
Mar 17, 2008
SW LONDON
i wouldn't believe the current Golf is based on the old platform? :confused:

and am i right saying the 9N Polo is the one with the circular design rear lights

cheshire cat

Dec 28, 2002
cheshire
Visit site
don't worry, this isn't a coilover question and I have searched

just wondering if anyone here knows if the Polo GTi springs and shocks setup will fit the Ibiza? asking this because I drove past a guy (not from this forum) who had his FR TDi running on Polo GTi setup and looked just right...and before I go ahead and get deep into this I just wanted to run a check to see which setup he was on about? (guessing it would be the most recent Polo model)
re the polo 9n, the rear shocks are similar to the skoda vrs and the FIAT Stilo for what it's worth, maybe 1/2" diff' in travel, the big difference is the SEAT Ibiza which has a huge amount more damping on the rebound hence the crap ride, It may be the fronts are similar but can't really say, my guess would be that the spings Diesel-diesel would be pretty close as even different vesions of similar models have small veriations, yes you could buy off the shelf , expensive and too easy, much more fun your way:D

NickyJam

FR - gone, not forgotten
Mar 17, 2008
SW LONDON
agreed...FIAT setups have always been pretty shocking in my experience (although I have yet to test the new 500, ugly lil thing)

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.