Looking to buy a LCR

Dec 5, 2012
Harlow
Hi all,

I currently drive a Fiesta ST which has been a pleasure to own but ive had it for 2 years now and im now looking for turbo power. A mate of mine let me loose in his Cupra R a few weeks back and to say i was impressed was an understatement. Even with 110,000 miles on the clock it felt solid and pulled like a train!

Im looking for a 04-55 plate with around 50k-80k on the clock
is there anything specific i should look out for on these cars?
ill be taking my mate along with me who knows a fair bit but any tips would be great

cheers :)

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2010
Mids
Just make sure it had plenty of stamps in the book and even better extra oil changes....... You'll know when you found the right one......
Check the tyres make sure no cheapo budget etc, cupra's suffer from low tread tyres problems....

Last edited:

big eck

Aug 11, 2005
Falkirk, Scotland
They might also suffer from the odd water leak about the doors lol. Coilpacks are prone to going as well but it's a simple cheapish fix for those.

scotty18

Jan 30, 2008
wakefield
mines done it for a year and now does it in 1st 2nd 3rd 4th really loud very anoying,putting a 2nd hand box in tmoro so hopefully that will be ok.

Feb 14, 2012
Slough
My box also does this in 1st and 2nd and has done for almost a year now, not a massive issue as long as you can put up with the noise.

Feb 14, 2012
Slough
I think all the ones I tested when buying had some sort of whine, some louder than others. Personally wouldnt worry if the cars in good condition. 99% of LCR will develop it at some point anyway.

ovalpegs

Mine had the whine when i bought it, over a year later it still has it, car hasn't missed a beat and stills pulls really well in all gears. its a little annoying but wouldn't put me off buying one

Dec 5, 2012
Harlow
If it does whine does this mean its going to break? If its just a whine and nothing will come of it I'm not bothered. But obviously I don't want to buy a car and the gearbox spits its dummy out the pram lol.

Last edited:

richie kaye

Oct 26, 2012
West Midlands
Sadly buying a second hand motor there are bound to be problems unless your paying good money and its been looked after with documentation

Arming yourself with a problem checklist and look hard at the problem areas is crutial..

I.e I brought mine with a good serv history to the engine,And was a great price,clean inside etc
Few usual shopping dinks,but found out it had water ingress after a good downpour,

If id of checked common problems on here first then I could of been better prepared to haggle

Read,read and read again the faults threads and go out and buy a decent one

Good luck,they are cracking cars..Remember you cant polish a Turd:lol:

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise