Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, stickers are available from our online store.

Looking where I can gat some vcom mods Glasgow

Discussion in 'Vag-Com 'help' Requests' started by Rusty90, Oct 28, 2017.

1. Rusty90

Rusty90 Active Member

[​IMG]

Looking to get some vag com mods turned on where can I get this done or do I just need to dig deep and buy a cable ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. I am sure there are some nice folks in Glasgow who can help you out.

You can also look at OBD11 and Carista these also allow you to turn on the common changes.

Nice looking car as well.

#2 Deleted member 103408, Oct 28, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2017
  3. Rusty90

Rusty90 Active Member

Thanks man still not found a vag com cable about looking in to the other options you have said what one do you recommend and how do I go about doing the mods like coming home lights and that ? With the Carisa or obd11?

Thanks for the help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. No problem sorry nobody came forward to help.

Might be worth a shout in the Ibiza forum just in case.

OK OBD11 is my tool of choice and you can get the dongle here and download the app from playstore.

For Carista you need to go here and again download the app, this one supports both Apple and Android but they don't offer the same stuff.

Firstly I would check out what changes you can make on your car, I have a leon and there is a lot that can be done but I have not seen so much documentation on Ibiza so check before you buy.

OBD11 offers changes in a number of different ways, check out http://obdeleven.proboards.com/thread/2095/new-obd11-pro-help?page=1&scrollTo=8970 this will give you some idea of what and how. If you can find VCDS coding for your car it is normally very easy to adapt to OBD11.

Carista seems to be a menu based system but I dont have it so cant comment I am afraid.

If you are just after error code checking then I would recomend torque pro and this checks the error logs but also allows you to set up some visual screens to show stuff people like.

If you need more let me know.

5. kanyewest

kanyewest Active Member

so you just need to buy the dongle and thats it? my mum has an android so i could borrow this if thats all i need to spend. £50 for multiple uses

6. Dongle and the Pro Licence (which gives you full access.)

7. kanyewest

kanyewest Active Member

sounds promising, especially as i can use it with my friends car. unfortunately my ibiza is mk4, 6L from 2008. not sure of the level of modification id have there

8. Yes I am afraid I have not see a lot of stuff for the older cars (1 Have a 2010 Ibiza and have done nothing to it)

9. kanyewest

kanyewest Active Member

i saw this guy in asda car park who modded his wing mirrors to fold in when he holds the lock button for 2 secs. thats all i know about tho

10. Yes I have seen that but i have also seen people had to buy a bit of hardware to make that work (there is a thread on here somewhere). Give me a couple days and i will see what i can find that can be done.

11. Pew.

Pew. Active Member

I have carista which can be used to make changes such as wing mirror gold and so on. Have done so on my own mk3

12. Pew.

Pew. Active Member

Ps I'm around uddingston / bellshill area

13. kanyewest

kanyewest Active Member

appreciate it bro. i actually saw that guy again so i approached him. he said he also made his windscreens heat up faster and his AC 30% cooler. not sure i want to do those because id be scared of damaging the heaters, personally dont like using AC so probably wont do that