Loose engine cover fix?

TomReis

Feb 1, 2012
I'd noticed in low revs about 1k to 1.5 that I get a loud vibration from the engine....

In looking under the bonnet the engine cover is loose to the touch, nudging it makes the noise I was hearing.

This just pops off right in two bits?... I hope so!

I'm driving without now and would like to put it back on at some point but I'm wondering how to better secure it.

Any ideas chaps? (without glue!!!)

/dev/null

Nov 12, 2008
It is held down/together by plastic clips which can break - mine did once. I think they were a couple of quid to replace the lot, had it done at the same time as my service. If you want to give it a try yourself then your best bet is probably to PM Dave from Sere Motors on here for a price - I can't imagine them being hard to fit.

TomReis

Feb 1, 2012
What kind of rattling sound is it? Mine was in at the garage the other day and I was told it was this cover, but mine is a metal sound :/

Ideally wondering if this is at fault, remove it and be done with it.

It's a deep buzzing sound, almost passable as engine noise in volume and sound but double the speed of the tappet/pistons at those revs

Not a bad shout dev, I'll reach out to dave and give it a try, thank you

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Engine cover's are useless, Mine wouldnt stay on, Dave sent me all the new bits to secure it again and it still wont stay on.

Its been in the Garage for ages now, better off without it

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.