Lost Clip on Headlight

maxcars1

Nov 9, 2004
Just changing my MAP Sensor earlier today and I notice that the clip that holds the sidelights access cover was not fully seated. It was because it wasnt seated in its mounting points ( previous owner or garage must have changed the bulb in the past and not setaed it correctly) Anyway as you know its a complete bitch on the driver side and whilst trying to get the clip to seat right I dropped it :doh: 1hr later after I had stripped out the arch panel, I cant find it [:@] Spoke with the stealers and its part of the light - that'll be £103 sir :wtf: Now I 've got a MK4 Sport down the road that I could rob just the clip off, but I can't open the bonnet ( front end smash). However, I may be able to remove the headlight and wip the clip off for free. Can anybody give me a run down on teh headlight removal please.

Triple D

Did you take the bumper off? if you do you might beable to find it. Im not condoning what you want to do but, to take the light out you need to open the bonnet, take the bumper off, undo two bolts on the top of the light and there are two more bolts under the light, undo them and out it comes.

maxcars1

Nov 9, 2004
spaniels fr said:
Im not condoning what you want to. /QUOTE]

NO No - I always ask. I've got a great relationship with the lads at the breakers, and more than likely he'll let me have it for free. The bolts at the bottom are they star shape like the ones on the top? - just so I know what tools to take.

Triple D

maxcars1 said:
spaniels fr said:
Im not condoning what you want to. /QUOTE]

NO No - I always ask. I've got a great relationship with the lads at the breakers, and more than likely he'll let me have it for free. The bolts at the bottom are they star shape like the ones on the top? - just so I know what tools to take.
oh ok thought you were gonna nick it lol. Yes they should be exactly the same as the ones on top.

muddyboots

Still hanging around
Oct 16, 2002
There are bumper screws at the top, one near each foglight, several under the bottom edge, and 4 or 5 round each wheel arch.
All are Torx head screws, of two different sizes :)

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members