Lots of tree sap!!!!!!!!!!

skidder

BERK! FEED ME
Aug 9, 2006
Aberdeen
Just bought an Golf Gti thats been sitting under a tree for about three years so its absolutely covered in tree sap. Apart from clay baring it, is there any other pre treatment i can use before the old elbow grease etc. took three hours on my leon with the clay bar and it hardly had anything on it!!!!!!. Is there something you can spray on and leave before it gets a power wash. Any help will be appreciated.

skidder

BERK! FEED ME
Aug 9, 2006
Aberdeen
Thanks for that. I've got a Meguirs clay bar kit already just wondered if there was anything I could treat it with before using a clay bar to make it easier. If there's not then I will attack it with that.

Daffy

Detail Wizard
May 29, 2007
Try soaking it with APC first to sofen the stuff up. Also any form of bug and tar remove may help. The megs clay kit is quite a soft clay, try some Sonus Green which is a bit more aggresive than the megs, if that dosn't work try Sonus Grey Clay which is the most aggresive and will pull just about anything off. You will probably need a polish after as it is hard to avoid marring with the grey stuff but it should do the trick.

Daffy

Detail Wizard
May 29, 2007
All Purpose Cleaner, Megs do 1 gallon for about £14. It waters down usually at 4 parts water to 1 of APC but can be used stronger or weaker. It is not acidic and is ideal for wheels if not too grubby. Just leave it soak for a while though.
Aldi do some at a £5 a gallon but cannot comment as I have never used this brand.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise