Love and hate...

Sep 20, 2019
What do you love the most about your car and hate the most?

Me... Love the dsg box and hate the auto wipers, got a mind of their own and sod all to do with the amount of rain falling.

Deleted member 103408

Love - The whole car with exception

Hate - Actuator for Structure Born Sound - now coded off never to be used again.

Reactions: Blaptastic

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Love - Lots: Virtual Cockpit, overall looks, but mainly the grin it gives me driving it.

Hate - The colour, boring as hell compared to my 280...

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
What colour is it?
Monsoon grey
9ABB87D5-E2CB-446A-807E-9CECAE75BA7E.jpeg

Reactions: ray and Blaptastic

Yern

Apr 25, 2019
Hate that (now winter coming) there's no warning shows when electric mirror heating switched on. I keep leaving it on.

LouG

Dec 1, 2017
Nelson, New Zealand
Almost everything about it, especially its rarity down here. Rolling acceleration is still exhilarating.
Road noise is a tad loud, Miches will soon help that. AA is a blessing, and a major PIA will it decides to take a break.

Degs

Feb 10, 2019
North Wales
Dsg,exhaust sound (Just right for me not too loud) and just about everything else except soundaktor and the pain in the aris start/stop

bgb

Jan 22, 2019
I don't have any 'hates' as such just niggles!
  • Creaky door sills (currently cured with Sonax gummipflege)
  • Un-editable virtual dash - A missed opportunity for mixing styles and allowing more info.
  • Road noise - Had a smallish conker of some sort drop in front, go under the car and sound like I'd hit a boulder! Also stone flicks in wheel arches are like a machine gun!
everything else has put a huge smile on my face, coming from a MK7 Golf i was hugely impressed and saw it us a huge step up the ladder, not an equal or lower end model.

I do enjoy the rarity within N. London / Herts boundary where I have only bumped into 1/2 newish Cupra's and a handful older SC ones. Does amuse me that i regularly get pushed by someone thinking I'm driving a 1.0L :flag:

Deleted member 103408

Dsg,exhaust sound (Just right for me not too loud) and just about everything else except soundaktor and the pain in the aris start/stop

Stop Start Is very easy to code off or you can buy a memory switch so its there if you want it but you can turn it off and it stays off.

Owen83

Feb 9, 2018
Having to move the mirror switch to heated mirror position and not being able to have auto dip mirror at the same time.... Why??
Having to hold the lock key to fold mirrors in... Why??? (yes I know it can be coded out)
Front window switch is too far forward.. I keep opening the rear window instead.
Bonnet release handle keps falling off....
Air con is a bit weak
Bloody Eco driving tips telling me to shut the window to avoid drag....
It's not a bad looking car, but it certainly doesnt stand out..
LED headlights look crap IMO

There is plenty to like about it though, its pokey & economical, versatile (I have an FR ST), well kitted out & cheap.. Its also built better then my previous Mercedes

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.