Low Boost?

Mar 18, 2003
In oncoming traffic
Visit site
Hi chaps, fitted my boost gauge today to my new 225 LCR, in part cos car felt a bit
slow, when it was fitted to my 210 LCR it would peak at about 15-16 psi then settle about 14-14.5. Now in my 225 it peaks and holds at 10 psi, something is a bit wrong, car has only done 1600 miles and i was hopin that slow feelin was due to tightness but it appears not so where do I go from here, hoping it may be a leak that I can tweak but not sure where to start? Any ideas, leak or summat bad I need to see a dealer about? :(

MarkE

Acceptable in the 80s
Jul 20, 2003
Lancaster
www.markeaston.org
That is a bit low. Start at the airbox and check that all of the pipe connections are tight, then try it again. Failing that, find someone with VAG-COM and see if there are any fault codes logged.

Your 225 isn't a second hand car that someone had Revo'd and left it set at Low Boost 1 or something?

Mar 18, 2003
In oncoming traffic
Visit site
Hope not! Got it with 700 miles dealer sold to me and sold to previous owner. So check all hoses then find someone with Vag-com and/or an sps. Then go scream really loudly at Dealer! Least the dealer option is a warm one.

Mar 18, 2003
In oncoming traffic
Visit site
All sorted thanks guys, Found the on stubby hose from intake to n75 valve (I think) hadnt had the clip tightened at factory and valve was UNPLUGGED!!!!!!! so iirc the car was in permanant limp mode! sorted with new Jubilee clip and Bob your uncle 15-16 psi on my gauge!!! PDI MY A**E!!!! Oh and Smack me if I'm wrong but standard boost is 1 bar= 14.5 psi so gauge a bit optimistic but V helpfull!!!

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members