Low Cost MP3 Adapter?

luemas

Hey, I've been searching round for the best way to connect any mp3 player to my Alana head unit in my mk4 Ibiza. I was hoping that i was looking round trying to find a solution using my unoccupied CD changer connection and so found this connector on ebay. Will this do the trick along with a RCA to 3.5mm cable?? i no this topics come up many time but all the answers ive found seem to lead to the connects2 package which is just as expenisive as an Ipod Adpater. Thanks in Advance, Sam :)

Fordy_FR

Oct 19, 2006
Gateshead
I'm not sure if all Mk4's are the same but there is an AUX in connection just next to the drivers seat (2006 FR), just bought a male to male headphone jack and connected it that way, cost about £1.50. Also I took a look at that link and it's for Blaupunkt Stereo's.

davea

Aug 21, 2006
Stickney
Thats what I have done, bought a 3.5mm male to 3.5mm male lead on ebay for next to nothing and it works a treat. :)

davels

soon 2B 2 wheeler!
Jun 16, 2006
Norwich
there have been loads of thread on weather peeps have got the aux in or not
i thought most VAG cars had their head units made by Blaupunkt , but after checking my old alana one it seems not, it's a GRUNDIG (explains a lot huh!)

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.