Low screen wash warning

Kam

Prof. Myang Li - Yum!
Jun 6, 2002
South East
Visit site
I ran out of Screen wash the other day but the low screenwash warningnever came on! I am sure the car is equiped with one as I see the light for it when the ignition is switched on.

Can anyone tell me where this sensor is located and whether it is something that can be changed easily? My car is a Bora but I am pretty sure it is the same part in most/all Seats.

Thanks.

Kam

Prof. Myang Li - Yum!
Jun 6, 2002
South East
Visit site
Thanks.

Would that mean the whole tank will need to be changed? A bit odd that the light for the sensor comes on and then off, which would indicate that it works? It did not come on when the tank was dry the other day :(

Kam said:
Thanks.

Would that mean the whole tank will need to be changed? A bit odd that the light for the sensor comes on and then off, which would indicate that it works? It did not come on when the tank was dry the other day :(

Could be a number of things, though best to drain tank and check the sensor is clean. either the sensor is broken or the pronges are somehow connected or a short circuit somewhere that makes the sensor give a "full reading all the time.

Kam

Prof. Myang Li - Yum!
Jun 6, 2002
South East
Visit site
I was using quite a bit of screenwash on the journey, over an hour. Will take another look when it is drained again. Thanks guys :)

massivebhp

I believe the sensor only works when the ignition is first turned on, the light comes on and off for a test. So if you use up the whole bottle in one journey without switching off the ignition, it won't light up until the ignition is switched on next.
If you can empty the, bottle switch the ignition on and still the light comes on an off straight away, it'll need a new bottle.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise