Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, stickers are available from our online store.

Lower Suspension TDi Cupra

Discussion in 'Leon Mk1 (2000-2006)' started by Martin77, Nov 15, 2005.

1. Martin77

Martin77 Guest

Hi All

Looking for some advice. I'm thinking of getting some suspension springs to lower the car by approx. 30 - 40mm. The springs I'm considering are FK and Eibach (the Eibach's are more expensive). Any recommendations would be welcome - either for or against. I've got the 18" Cupra alloys and just thought the whole thing would look better slightly lowered.

Cheers
    Martin77

2. rocket ronnie

rocket ronnie Full Member

Have a look at the Koni coilover kit supplied by Awesome. :D

3. sicasey

sicasey FR Derv Power

I bet it would be a proper harsh ride after the car was lowered.

4. dangel

dangel Nuclear Banana Boy

Doesn't have to be... Stiffer yes, harsh? I've driven far far worse cars on stock suspension :)

The nicest thing is not having the bouncy bouncy suspension :)

5. Freewheelin'

Freewheelin' Full Member

I have 18" Cupra R alloys on my TDI and its lowered on FK Highsport coilovers - ride is OK. Factory set-up is biased towards road use. If you go down the coilover route beware of lowering it too much. Mine was initially lowered approx 50mm and the result wasn't very nice to drive. Struggled to clear speed humps and the ARB? was rubbing on the drive shafts, especally in long left hand corners when you were pushing on. The car was raised 15mm and an FK ARB fitted which gives the drive shafts plenty of clearance (I think its the same diameter as the standard ARB so no handling issues about front/rear bias with the ARB's) - handling is a lot better, not least because you can now push on in corners without the drive shafts complaining :happy:

6. Rustys Seat

Rustys Seat rustys seat

I Got A Set Of Spax Springs For Sale, 40mm Brand New In Box Not Even Been Opened Yet. Bought In Error Should Fit Yours There Actually For A Petrol Cupra But I Think They Are The Same £50???????

Mark

7. SHADY-NINJA

SHADY-NINJA Full Member

i ve just fitted 30mm eibach springs on standard shhocks on my toledo i.8se.
    its rides better than before and alot better on the motorway.
    but i think there might be more room for improvement. i'' need some better shocks to fully complement the eibach springs

8. prc

prc Sooty Meister

You really won't want to lower much over 30mm, as the sump guard on the tdi is very, very low!