Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, stickers are available from our online store.

Lowered, now vibrations

Discussion in 'Modifications and Styling' started by Silverfoxxxx, Sep 25, 2019.

1. Silverfoxxxx

Silverfoxxxx Active Member

Hi,

Had a sportline kit fitted and picked up today, I get speed wobble around 70-80mph, would this just need a wheel alignment? Or does anything else need checking when lowering?

bit miffed the alignment wasn’t done as part of the service tbh of it is just that.

2. bruceR

bruceR Active Member

Make sure all tyres are at correct pressure and I would defo get alignment carried out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Damo H

Damo H That Carbon sknob down the street ;)

Stiffer springs will exaggerate any issues previously had that you may of not noticed.
    Assuming everything is tight if you’ve not had a alignment after springs then that’s your first point of call.

However if that doesn’t solve it. Simple things like checking Your tyre pressures is a good place to start. Then, wheel balancing etc

However another culprit could be worn bushes or shocks if your car has already done a lot of miles.

4. Silverfoxxxx

Do I need to wait for the new springs and dampers to bed in at all?, currently doesn’t look like it’s lowered the car much, but definitely corners better.

5. Damo H

My sportlines settled about 10mm at the front. I had my wheel alignment after they’d settled which took about 200 miles/1 week.

bruceR likes this.
  6. Silverfoxxxx

Do I need to have anything done with camber? Can’t seem to find an answer on search.

7. Damo H

You can’t alter the front camber. Rear should be set to same as none lowered cars as part of the alignment.

Silverfoxxxx likes this.