Lowered the Altea (With pics)

pdh 14a

Mr Fussy
Jan 21, 2008
Swansea
£151 is a lot better than the £950 I was quoted for coilovers! :lol: ;)

312's are the next on my list, just waiting for my mate to bring them up after he took them off his Mk5 Golf Gti when he fitted the Mk2 Leon 345's ;)

Wow thats a lot of cash! I have coilovers on my 200sx! you are never happy and always fiddling with the ride hieght too! costs a fortune in alignment :blink:

pdh 14a

Mr Fussy
Jan 21, 2008
Swansea
what's fitting like? easy DIY or best leave someone else to do it?

Also, is that 30mm??

Thanks! Really thinking about getting mine done now!

It is 30mm ish but it seems to be more 35 rear 25 front,which is great as it sat nose heavy standard!
It is sort of diy,although we snapped the wiper spigot £70,and a tierod won't do up tight again £25 :cry: and it is a bitch of a job as the weight of the hub and caliper etc is hard to get back on the shocks!
It did take 6 hours too! but i think i could half that now!
Here are some how too links!

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=3043148
http://www.swankmonkey.com/vw/jetta/2006/suspension/

Dec 5, 2007
N W Leeds
bit late fro pdh now but have heard from several sources that beefing up ARBs is a very good move.
Audi A3 boys reckon the standard spring rate/dampers are just fine(they probably sit lower than Altea anyways) but the ARB stiffening makes a big impact.
More so on the Altea I would have thought since we sit that little bit higher CoG than A3/Leon.

312mm upgrades? all that is required are new carriers from VAG sports I think it is. And new 312mm discs. Pads are the same as the calipers are reused. GSF do a bundle deal on pads/discs if you ask.
A worthwhile and very easy upgrade, especially if you're remapped.

pdh 14a

Mr Fussy
Jan 21, 2008
Swansea
bit late fro pdh now but have heard from several sources that beefing up ARBs is a very good move.
Audi A3 boys reckon the standard spring rate/dampers are just fine(they probably sit lower than Altea anyways) but the ARB stiffening makes a big impact.
More so on the Altea I would have thought since we sit that little bit higher CoG than A3/Leon.

312mm upgrades? all that is required are new carriers from VAG sports I think it is. And new 312mm discs. Pads are the same as the calipers are reused. GSF do a bundle deal on pads/discs if you ask.
A worthwhile and very easy upgrade, especially if you're remapped.

May get round to ARB's in the future,but i wasn't planning to mod this Altea at all! just set aside £1k for a few subtle tweeks :blink:
I have changed the ARB's on my 200sx! but as I have ploughed £9k into that,i was supposed to keep the Altea standard! Oh well,its for spending i suppose :D

Last edited:

pdh 14a

Mr Fussy
Jan 21, 2008
Swansea
Will make fitting my 312's easier... as I won't need to change calipers, and bleed the fluid.... although I will end up with red carriers and a bare metal calliper....

suppose I can change the callipers at a later point when I get time ! ;)

You can always paint the calipers like i did ;)

pdh 14a

Mr Fussy
Jan 21, 2008
Swansea
"Painting Calipers" vs. swapping for pre-painted ones.....

6 of one, and half a dozen of the other.....

It could do with new brake fluid anyway to be honest, so I'll probably fit the Gti calipers :D

Sorry for hijacking your thread mate !!! :lol:

Ah right,i mis-read the above!
No probs mate,no hijacking at all,love a good chat about cars,this is how i learn :)

Shame about the dump valve! I'm a 35 year old boy racer at heart lol :ban:
Nice work on that mate! forgot that i'd like to upgrade to the 312's too,don't suppose you still have the part no's for that conversion do you? :)

David at Seremotors will be able to get the parts for you unless you want to source ones yourself. New Calipers, Brake Discs and Brake pads are all that is needed.

pdh 14a

Mr Fussy
Jan 21, 2008
Swansea
David at Seremotors will be able to get the parts for you unless you want to source ones yourself. New Calipers, Brake Discs and Brake pads are all that is needed.

Excelent,he's going to have a big list once my finances get back to around £0 lol :D
Whats the rough cost of this lot? Cheers.Paul

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise