Lowered the Altea (With pics)

CraigALTEA2.0SP

so i will go fot et 45 and prob 10mm spacers on the rear then,

has anybody else had trouble with et45 with tyres rubbing on arch etc.

i assume this should be trouble free.

CraigALTEA2.0SP

iv decided to go for 18" new style rs4 in gun metal,

can i have any educated opinions on this (red car) with 30mm drop

i think it should look pretty good but still original ish:confused:

CraigALTEA2.0SP

should have the wheels tommoro!!

didnt get gun metall, as out of stock, and too impatient to wait, so i went for standard alloy silver. oh well should still look cool.

i just wish i had fitted lower suspension, but i will asses that once wheels are on.
does anybody know where you can get decent priced good quality spoilers from, and id like to get a debadged grill but not have to get it painted, so can you just replace the mesh section and keep the original trim (edge part - chrome)

pdh 14a

Mr Fussy
Jan 21, 2008
Swansea
Finally heres the pics of the refurbed wheels! best £100 and 16 hours i've ever spent :D

8y6bo1.jpg

vz98w.jpg

8yt5oz.jpg

2qmdu7l.jpg

pdh 14a

Mr Fussy
Jan 21, 2008
Swansea
Actually,in the 3rd pic,i think it still had the 5mm spacer on! And the car had been jacked up so not settled fully,may gave the impression they are further out than they are! :)

pdh 14a

Mr Fussy
Jan 21, 2008
Swansea
Can see the slight difference now! was confused when you said your possibly putting a 10mm spacer on lol! at least you can see how it'll look now :)
I'd just go with a 5mm as you won't need longer studs then! [B)]

pdh 14a

Mr Fussy
Jan 21, 2008
Swansea
Today was the first time i've been out with 4 good sized people and some shopping in the car,and the rear tyres do catch the plastic arch liner on bumps and sharp bends :cry:
Oh well its only plastic :blink: Hope theres no wiring running behind it :confused:

Nov 2, 2006
Annaghmore
bebo.com
Mine rub the arch liner, nice profile worn out now with full loads in the car, full load in boot, food etc, 5 people and full tank of fuel had the wheels slightly touching the arches, no damage done.

CraigALTEA2.0SP

alright guys,

Iv had my wheels on for a couple of weeks now,

Remember i have -30mm spring kit, and 8x18" (225-40-18)

I went for et 42 in the end (by accident as wanted et45) but they are pretty much flush with all of the arches and look awesome, so am happy with the et42 now but the only rubbing i get (with 5 peolpe in) is the front wheels touch the inner wheel arch screws when i hit a big bump in the road, is there a way to remove these without loosing the inner arch,

Plus id like to go lower with rear springs but dont know where to get just the rears

pdh 14a

Mr Fussy
Jan 21, 2008
Swansea
alright guys,

Iv had my wheels on for a couple of weeks now,

Remember i have -30mm spring kit, and 8x18" (225-40-18)

I went for et 42 in the end (by accident as wanted et45) but they are pretty much flush with all of the arches and look awesome, so am happy with the et42 now but the only rubbing i get (with 5 peolpe in) is the front wheels touch the inner wheel arch screws when i hit a big bump in the road, is there a way to remove these without loosing the inner arch,

Plus id like to go lower with rear springs but dont know where to get just the rears

Any pics mate? :)

Alteadan

You can buy a set of Coilover on ebay now jamex £289 free post and there in the UK
Item number: 360202947399

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.