Lowered the Altea (With pics)

pdh 14a

Mr Fussy
Jan 21, 2008
Swansea
hey man loving the look of the altea .. just as a question where did you get your chrome strip for the bottom of your bumper ? and loving how much you have lowered to you find the ride quality has gone down with them fitted?

Hi mate,thanks for the nice comments! i got the chrome strip off ebay! but it turns out that a guy was selling a job lot from a Seat dealer that shut! So i would try a dealer,not sure how much they'd cost though,i got mine for a tenner :)

And the ride quality did go down a tiny bit,with the Eibach ones though they are progressive springs,so they get harder as the weight transfers, but the way it handles bends now far outweighs the odd crunch when you hit a pothole! I went to 18" wheels too which doesn't help to soak up bad roads either! :doh:

Last edited:

shaney_87

It was a pig of a job,but we made a lot of mistakes like stripping the wipers and scuttle panel before realising theres a panel that comes off :cry:
)

There's a panel that comes off ?!?! , I was gettin well pissed off with the wipers, iv had em off 3 times already n its a bitch to do lol , I also made a fair few mistakes , one of witch I'm still trying to put right , managed to brake the abs somehow n can't figure out what's wrong , and snapped a drop link today [:@]

Lookin Gd tho , like the winter wheels ,

baggies01

Cars looking awesome Toxic [B)]
I've got these bigger rims lined up,just got 1 more left to refurb and it should have the same stance as yours! :)
Hi PDH,

Love these wheels, can you tell me what they are. I have a mk4 ibiza, does anyone know if they would fit?
cheers
mike

pdh 14a

Mr Fussy
Jan 21, 2008
Swansea
Cars looking awesome Toxic [B)]
I've got these bigger rims lined up,just got 1 more left to refurb and it should have the same stance as yours! :)
Hi PDH,

Love these wheels, can you tell me what they are. I have a mk4 ibiza, does anyone know if they would fit?
cheers
mike

Hi,thanks for your kind comments!
Sorry though i don't think they are a make as such,they pop up on ebay a lot though,but only seen them painted,not with the polished front like my ones!
Sorry i'm not much help :(
Cheers.Paul

stuwbafc

Aug 30, 2009
bearwood
wheels

Just fitted my winter wheels,thanks to Kevs fr,off here for keeping them so tidy before selling them on! :)
I'm liking them a lot! what you think,may just keep them on all the time! :shrug:

25up121.jpg

24qogp0.jpg

don't suppose you'll be selling these wheels in this picture :whistle:

stuwbafc

Aug 30, 2009
bearwood
shame i've been after them for a while missed out on a couple of sets on the bay .....but i've seen a set of 18" exeo wheels they look good if i can get em....;0) .......your altea do's look sweet with those on though....

pdh 14a

Mr Fussy
Jan 21, 2008
Swansea
shame i've been after them for a while missed out on a couple of sets on the bay .....but i've seen a set of 18" exeo wheels they look good if i can get em....;0) .......your altea do's look sweet with those on though....

Thanks appreciate it,i looked for ages for the RS4 alloys,then these came up and i thought they are nice! and then a set of rs4's came up 6 weeks later.so i thought i'd alternate between both sets now to keep it fresh :D

pdh 14a

Mr Fussy
Jan 21, 2008
Swansea
We wanna see pics of the rs4's on ya motor bro !

Nearly there,rear 286mm brakes are all painted up! (Well not the faces :blink:) and front splitter repainted in satin black! and wheels all polished up ready to go on!
Hopefully this time tomorrow it all should be done! ;)

pdh 14a

Mr Fussy
Jan 21, 2008
Swansea
Lol,rain stopped play on Tuesday when i was planning to do them! got the brakes swapped over today( Bit more of a job than i thought!) also painted all the suspension and arms etc!Then run out of time and had to come to work! just got the front lip and wheels to put on tomorrow, and then i'll put the pics up! :)

SEAT-MAD

first time user long time
Mar 10, 2011
Essex
Question: Are there different Eibach springs for all models??
I have a 2.0 DSG TDI what set would i need :confused:
Check ebay item :- 190364913459
Jon :help:

pdh 14a

Mr Fussy
Jan 21, 2008
Swansea
Question: Are there different Eibach springs for all models??
I have a 2.0 DSG TDI what set would i need :confused:
Check ebay item :- 190364913459
Jon :help:

I don't think the dsg part should effect the springs! i cant get on ebay in work,so cant check the ones you have mentioned! will try and find out where i got mine tomorrow! :)

MWG

Oct 6, 2008
Hertfordshire
I think there are slightly different spring rates for the auto and manual cars so i'd pay attention to that. The ones you linked to on ebay look to be right, they have the same ones listed on their main site.

FYI DPM have them about £10 cheaper than they are on ebay, if you pop a post in the dealer section then they can make sure you get the right springs for your car

pdh 14a

Mr Fussy
Jan 21, 2008
Swansea
I think there are slightly different spring rates for the auto and manual cars so i'd pay attention to that. The ones you linked to on ebay look to be right, they have the same ones listed on their main site.

FYI DPM have them about £10 cheaper than they are on ebay, if you pop a post in the dealer section then they can make sure you get the right springs for your car

Thinking about it,i think i got mine off dpm! sorry still not sure if they fit a dsg or not though! best off ringing him! :)

pdh 14a

Mr Fussy
Jan 21, 2008
Swansea
Okay,some pic whoring now! :D

Start with around £800 worth of bits :cry:
10xhhro.jpg

Get car balanced in the air!
118kv7l.jpg

Look at old small 255mm brakes!
154gb5f.jpg

Fit new 286mm brakes!
x3aft0.jpg

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.