Lowering an exeo

Stavc

Hi folks

i hope you can help, i have an 09 exeo 170tdi sport

it has the seat sports springs fitted from factory, i understand these are approx -20mm on std ride height

id like to lower it a bit more without causing problems, looking at eibach pro kit or sportline

i dont think the prokit would lower it any more than the way it sits now, it says 20-25mm rear and 30-35 front
im not sure if sportline might be overkill as it states 30 rear, 40-45 front!

Anyone done either? If so can you post some pics please?

Cheers

Stav

mcdonald

Had my Exeo lowered 30-35mm with Eibach springs last year.
Don't know which type of Eibach spring are used.

The first 2 picture are made a few days after the new Eibach springs were installed. The car came down later a little more.
Wheels are 17-inch.

seat_001.jpg

seat-003.jpg

Before:
seaexeo.jpg

Stavc

Thanks for that, looks great

does anyone know if the sport models come with a shorter damper than standard? Would this mean a sport with a pro kit would sit lower again?

Mine probably sits slightly lower than that as standard so im worried if i put the pro kit in it will stay the same or lift it slightly

thanks

dalepearson

Gadget Freak
Mar 25, 2004
West Midlands
From my research dampers are the same on all, just comfort or sport springs.
I have ordered myself some of the Seat Sport Eibach springs, so will post some pics when I get around to fitting them.

Stavc

cheers for responses so far

Is that the pro kit springs you are going for?

Im v tempted by the sportline kit as i fancy dropping it a bit lower to close the gap at the front wheel, but id like to see a photo of one first as i wouldnt want to make the car impractical! Must be getting old...

Stavc

I think i curremtly have the seat sport springs, are they optional when ordering?

It is the sport model with the optional sports suspension, as far as i know thats -20mm on standard sport?

The first owner seems to have specced quite a few options

Ill try and post a pic and see if anyone can tell me

Stavc

cant get photos up until i get 15 posts!, its a black spring with 1 green 1 white stripe which i believe is the standard sport spring?

mcdonald

Just checked my Eibach springs, but only could read the last digits of the front springs: ...301VA
The colour of the springs is black.
I checked on the Eibach website and I guess I have the Pro-Kit Performance springs with the type number: E10-81-011-03-22.
This kit contains the following springs:
Stamping front: F11-15-003-01-VA
Stamping rear: F11-15-003-03-HA
These springs will lower the front of the car 30-35mm and the rear 25-30mm.

The distance from the top of my tires to the body is appr. 40mm (front and rear).

Stavc

interesting.... i measured my wheel to arch distance, its 40mm at the back and 60mm at the front

If i put the prokit in this would then level the car and stiffen it up a little, if i need it down a bit further at the front i could put those cups in

Anyone know if those cups definately work on the exeo?

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.