Lowering an exeo

dalepearson

Gadget Freak
Mar 25, 2004
West Midlands
deleted it ;)

sorry mate...... :D

let's see if any of them were clever enough to read the auto-email they received when I first replied.... :lol:

LOL no need to delete it mate, just a car forum.
If they wont help due to a badge then I got better things to do :)

Waiting for springs to arrive and other goodies, off to finish off the vinyl wrapping.

Stavc

went ahead and ordered the h & r springs from awesome gti

35mm drop all round, saw a few photos of b7 A4s on these and they looked a nice height without killing the ride

if it still needs dropped more at the front i could look at the cup modification, has anyone done it? do you know if it works with any spring?

dalepearson

Gadget Freak
Mar 25, 2004
West Midlands
Never got around to posting pics of my car.

DIY Seat Sport Eibach's was a fun job.... NOT :)

Looks good though.

EXEO-lowered.jpeg

Stavc

looks great!

what mm do the seat eibachs lower by? are they the ones in the accessories brochure?

was yours lowered at all before or was it comfort suspension?

Stavc

would that be the same as the "standard" sport suspension if you opt for it then?

was it a big job to do? my man is charging me £100 + vat to fit the h and r springs, which i suppose is better than me doing half a job! apparently the top bolts can be seized..

dalepearson

Gadget Freak
Mar 25, 2004
West Midlands
Its deffo lower than the standard sports suspension.

It took me about 5 hours, plus getting a garage to use air gun to undo top nuts.

I am glad I did it, and I know I took care and torqued up everything.

If you have doubts get your man to do it.

Btw I had no issues with any bolts, car is a year old.

Stavc

yeah looks a little lower at the front than mine, i assume std they must come about 15mm lower than comfort then

yes i think ill leave it to the experts, its not something you want to get wrong!

Stavc

photo.jpg

Update, H&R springs in, these are in a few days so i hope it doesnt settle down much more!

a little bit firmer but handles a lot better than standard

dalepearson

Gadget Freak
Mar 25, 2004
West Midlands
The rears are deffo alot easier, its all doable just takes time.
Deffo doable in a day though.
Took me about 6 hours, could do it in 4 - 5 I recon if you got all the right tools and a proper flat working area.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise