Lowering Cupra Tdi

kyleb123

Mar 12, 2014
Thinking about lowering my leon as 17" rims look abit small for the car. However I have heard lowering them can cause problems such as smashing the sump at the front or taking the splitter off.

Whats the best thing for lowering cupras? Springs, coilovers etc...

What mm is best for 17" to fill that arch gap? Don't want too much of a crashy ride either.

Am I best off lowering the car on 18s? :shrug:

Help is grateful

kyleb123

Mar 12, 2014
No mate not especially, nothing too pricey just want to fill the arch gap abit more as it sits like a 4x4.

After some that will reduce body roll also but still quite a comfortable ride.

Not sure whether to just replace the springs or do the shockers aswel?

DamianPM

Mar 26, 2008
Newcastle/Durham
It's a more expensive option but you'll get a better ride quality if you change both the springs and shocks over running standard shocks with lowering springs.

Springs and shocks will offer a set drop where as coilovers will give you adjustable height so you can adjust to suit.

Damian @ DPM Performance

kyleb123

Mar 12, 2014
Will the standard shocks work ok with eibach 30mm drop at front & 25mm rear?
Or will the ride be far too crashy

Coilovers are out of my budget I'm afraid

What mm do you recommend dropping on 17"?

Last edited:

kyleb123

Mar 12, 2014
Will dropping it that much cause problems such as scraping speed bumps or cracking the sump?

Handling wise are AP any good?

kyleb123

Mar 12, 2014
Looks like I've found what a wanted. What size wheels do you recommend on this suspension kit?

kyleb123

Mar 12, 2014
Thanks. Just looking on your website now Ive seen some coilover kits are cheaper than the springs & shockers kits. Which would be best for a good mix of comfort & handling? Would the springs & shockers still be the best choice ?

Sorry to be a pain to just want to make sure I get what I want

DamianPM

Mar 26, 2008
Newcastle/Durham
Springs and shocks will always give a better ride quality over a similar priced coilover kit so if that's what you're looking for I'd say stick with the springs and shocks.

Damian @ DPM Performance

kyleb123

Mar 12, 2014
Even though theres £120 price difference between JOM blueline coilys & the AP suspension kit?

The coilys are adjustable between 30mm & 70mm right?

DamianPM

Mar 26, 2008
Newcastle/Durham
The JOM and AP coilover kits are two very different kits hence over £200 difference in price.

Out of all three options you've mentioned and going off what you've said I'd go for the AP coilovers, if it was between the AP springs and shocks and the JOM coilovers then I'd go for the AP springs and shocks.

Damian @ DPM Performance

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise