Lowering Height

risted

Apr 24, 2006
Surrey
It looks like a mk1 front end tho with just the thin bumper and not the deeper 1

It's a pre-facelift mk 2 which didn't have the big plastic bumpers.

No i have spax springs and standrd shocks

You can't adjust the height on the standard shocks. The Jackson Tuning ones come with 7 different height settings but only on the rear the front is a set height.

rich.h44

Its a secret!!!!
Aug 31, 2007
hull
Ahh,i thought that they were mk1s,i mite get some of them shockers then!do u know how much they are separately with out springs?

risted

Apr 24, 2006
Surrey
I don't think he sells them seperatly, but to be honest for better results and safety your better off buying the kit off him it's only £130. I don't think just upgrading springs is good for standard shocks as far as i know and mixing and matching springs and shocks i would assume would have the same affect, thats pretty much what i have learnt off these forums.

rich.h44

Its a secret!!!!
Aug 31, 2007
hull
It depends,if your standard shock are ok i can be ok,if they have done a few miles they can be crap!all mine shocks av done 10k,but years ago i add spax 60mm springs,with gaz shocks and it handled like a beast that waz my mk2 astra

lcjay

Jul 8, 2006
London
Whats all this about settings on the rear?mine r just the springs and had no setings on them!

on the philj (jackson tuning) lowering kits,the rear shocks have different height setting so you can change the stance.
they are a good bit of kit for 125 notes and alot cheaper than a set of standard shocks and springs

CraigW

Craig.
Apr 12, 2007
Hawick, Scottish Borders, Scotland
Car looks good mate. At the front of mine i can just get my fingers on top of the tyres. Yours is lower on the rear than mine, now that has got me wondering if my rear shocks have different height settings. :whistle:

I dont think it matters about having matching springs and shocks. I have Pi rear shocks with Evosport Springs. If i knew earlier i would have bought the philj kit than the kit i got from germany. Within 6months i had to replace the 2 rear shocks as one was leaking, hence why i have Pi ones now. They are softer than the ones on before. so i think Im going to change the front shocks to Pi ones aswell. Sound like a good idea??

risted

Apr 24, 2006
Surrey
Cheers Cruiser87. Just a quick update i went for a little drive last nite over a few speed humps and even with the camber a fair bit out it didnt seem to rub anywhere, and the underside of the car never seem to hit any of the bumps.

rich.h44

Its a secret!!!!
Aug 31, 2007
hull
Dont think you should have many probs!i always av a full tank off petrol and iv got 92kg of audio gear and i dont have any probs,evan with a car full of people aswell!

beezertart

**MAYHEM**
Sep 11, 2007
beyond the sun
Cheers Cruiser87. Just a quick update i went for a little drive last nite over a few speed humps and even with the camber a fair bit out it didnt seem to rub anywhere, and the underside of the car never seem to hit any of the bumps.

Good good,so it's on 60/40 then?

risted

Apr 24, 2006
Surrey
Camber and tracking has been done so here are a few pics as promised, i took these on my phone so not the best of quality.

Some old before pics.
DSC00142.jpg

DSC00143.jpg

risted

Apr 24, 2006
Surrey
Here are some quick pics i took last night once i got the car back from the garage.

Photo-0121.jpg

Photo-0122.jpg

Photo-0123.jpg

Photo-0124.jpg

Photo-0125.jpg

Still seems to be fine going over bumps and no rubbing :clap:.

risted

Apr 24, 2006
Surrey
looks good
so no problems with rubbing etc?
what about on full lock?
what tyres you running?

Cheers mate. I get a slight rubbing on the left passenger side now and then i think it's to do with the big plastic bulge in the arch, apart from that no rubbing not even on full lock now the camber is sorted. I'm running 195 45 R16 mate.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members