Lowering New Leon Advice

guyb

Evening all,

After seeing Dans lowered New Leon, I am jealous! As I have the same wheels but am still looking like a 4x4!

If I decide to lower it, is it best to go for a whole suspension replacement (springs and shocks) bearing in mind its on sports shocks at the moment?

Im assuming this voids my warranty :(

DanGB

Who need's a Diesel....
Feb 12, 2006
London
guyb said:
Evening all,

If I decide to lower it, is it best to go for a whole suspension replacement (springs and shocks) bearing in mind its on sports shocks at the moment?

Im assuming this voids my warranty :(

I only went for the springs, didnt see why i needed the shocks as well. People say itwill reduce the life of the dampers, but im sure its still good for years. Might get new ones one day.

As far as i know it only voids the warranty of parts that are directly related, ie if any part of suspension goes and can be blamed by the new springs then its my fault. never know i my be talking talking bollocks, hope not though!!

As far as handling is concered, im inclined to saw theres no difference. maybe less bumpy??

Last edited:

Ol' Timer

Jun 20, 2004
Norfolk
On the international SEAT site they list a 'sport suspension spring kit'. I don't know whether it will be available here but if so it can be fitted without affecting your warranty.

If it is like the Ibiza kit which used to be available they are Eibach springs anyway.

http://www.seat.com/com/generator/s...ssories/sport/Suspension-spring-kit/main.html

The same site also lists an MPM engine performance kit. I bet that won't make it into this country!:(

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.