Lowering springs Cupra vs FR

gof

Oct 10, 2016
Croatia
Hello guys,
I currently drive 2017 FR184 that should be replaced by Cupra 300 2018.
My current car is lowered with Eibach Pro Kit.
The question is, would those springs fit on the Cupra or I for sure need new ones?
Also Cupra has DCC and my FR does not but I read that Pro Kit fits on both normal shocks and dcc ones.

gof

Oct 10, 2016
Croatia
On the box they came with it stated golf, leon and a3 are all okay, what is bothering me is there any difference since it’s a Cupra and what about dcc.

markrtw

Mar 3, 2018
Northants
Looking at the Web site my deductions are: Eibach list two spring kits for the leon mk3 with independent rear suspension. The spring kit E10-15-021-02-22
for the cupra (among others).
E10-15-021-01-22 is the other kit.
The 2.0 diesel seems to be listed against both kits, so it depends which one you have...

Reactions: gof

gof

Oct 10, 2016
Croatia
Thank you for your effort.
I have the 2.0 tdi with 184hp so that’s the one with independent rear suspension. I’ll check the box tomorrow to see what I have.

ukoldschool

Apr 12, 2012
the 1.8FR, 184 FR and Cupra share the same suspension strut diameter, as you say the CUPRA has DCC, but I'm pretty sure the springs are all the same

Matt

Apr 27, 2016
Matt not sure if they are the same system but they are designed to do the same thing.

Allow you the user to choose what level of support the car suspension provides (Comfort, Sport or Cupra (in my case))

check out http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/technology/braking-and-stability-systems/dcc

Thanks for your reply, the only reason I ask is that I'm thinking about putting lowering springs on my Cupra. If I did am I right in saying that you have to a re-calibration to the DCC (mag ride). Here is a good link to what im on about. https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/rs3-lowering-options.348125/page-2#post-3258240.

Thanks

Deleted member 103408

Honest answer is I do not know, i have checked the
Control unit: 14 Wheel Dampening Electronics
which is where I would expect this sort of thing to be and cant see anything obvious and I cant say as i have seen anybody mention coding for new springs.

Reactions: Matt

Matt

Apr 27, 2016
Honest answer is I do not know, i have checked the
Control unit: 14 Wheel Dampening Electronics
which is where I would expect this sort of thing to be and cant see anything obvious and I cant say as i have seen anybody mention coding for new springs.

Ok thanks for your help. :thumbup:

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.